I know some kind of modification needs to be done to the bridge ( locking tremlo). it's starting to piss me off because i have a 7 string and sometimes i just want to play a 6 string but it just goes right out of tune.

i'm not sure how else to be detailed,

this is the guitar.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG1570
are you removing the 7th string to play a six-string? because if so then you'll have to retune and readjust the trem... why don't you just not use the 7th string instead...
Main Gear List:
Guitars:
Jackson RR7
Agile AL-3100 Double Bound
1977 Fender Jazz Bass
Amp:
Blackstar HT-5
peavey bass amp
Effects:
EHX Metal Muff
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Danelectro 7-band EQ
how is that your guitar, it is a six string?

that guitar does have an edge pro you know

maybe your strings are old
Gear:
Jackson SL-3 Soloist w/ licensed Floyd Rose
Peavey VK 100 Head
Earcandy Boa 2X12 Cab w/ 70 watt Speakers
Fender Frontman 15 Watt Practice Amp

I'M SELLING A HOHNER HR1000 GUITAR. PM ME FOR INFO.
Is it tuned to standard (EADGBE), or are you downtuning?

When have the strings been changed last?

Are the locks at the nut tight?
Quote by saturnine1
I know some kind of modification needs to be done to the bridge ( locking tremlo). it's starting to piss me off because i have a 7 string and sometimes i just want to play a 6 string but it just goes right out of tune.

i'm not sure how else to be detailed,

this is the guitar.

http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=RG1570

basically, his/her 6 string (rg1570) keeps going out of tune really easily, they feel some kind of modification to the floyd may be needed to correct the problem.

they have a 7 string but likes playing a 6 string sometimes but the tuning problem is preventing this from being an option
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
If the strings are new, stretch them.

If the strings are old, replace them...and then stretch them.

Make sure the bridge is level when the guitar is in tune, there's a notch on the side of the bridgeplate to help you check.

Make sure the locking nut is securely clamped.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
also if the tension rod on the strings ( little metal bar that lays over the strings infront of the locking nut) is not at the rite height it will go out of tune when you lock the nut. also as mentioned make sure the trem is flat and not angled. if you dont have enough springs or tension on the springs it may not return to center also causing you to be out of tune.

jym