i am looking for a decent tube amp for a decent price that has buckets of distortion and is fairly loud. the peavey 6505 plus the head cought my eye
http://www.dawsons.co.uk/acatalog/info_00064183.html
what do you guys think? alternatives? or should i just save up and buy the damn thing!

(please dont suggest any amps not available in the UK)

Why do you want the plus? It sounds a bit different than the 6505, and personally i like the sound of the 6505 better. Try them both out and decide for your own.
Also try these:
Engl fireball
JCM900SL-X
Peavey XXX

But out of these, i personally would pick the 6505 (and i did)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
What genres are you planning on playing?

What's your budget?

For the same price as the 6505+ in the UK, you can get an Engl Blackmore which destroys the 6505 imo.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
What genres are you planning on playing?

What's your budget?

For the same price as the 6505+ in the UK, you can get an Engl Blackmore which destroys the 6505 imo.

Good Lord man, are you kidding? Do you have any idea how much more a Blackmoore costs that a Peavey 6505+ in the states??? Wow...
Engls over here are rare and extremely expensive.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Good Lord man, are you kidding? Do you have any idea how much more a Blackmoore costs that a Peavey 6505+ in the states??? Wow...

Umm... can you read?

He says "Don't suggest amps that aren't available in the UK," links to a UK site and in my post I say "in the UK."

Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by MatrixClaw

Well, in MY opinion the blackmore is an even bigger one trick pony than the 6505, and its tone is alot less distinct. The cleans are TOTALLY useless, while on the 6505 are (imo) not so bad (read quite usefull, certainly with a tad of reverb and/or delay) and the overdrive is boomy and dull.

No, sorry, i think the blackmore is the worst Engl on earth. Give me a fire- or powerball, but keep the Blackmore out of my life please.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Well, in MY opinion the blackmore is an even bigger one trick pony than the 6505, and its tone is alot less distinct. The cleans are TOTALLY useless, while on the 6505 are (imo) not so bad (read quite usefull, certainly with a tad of reverb and/or delay) and the overdrive is boomy and dull.

No, sorry, i think the blackmore is the worst Engl on earth. Give me a fire- or powerball, but keep the Blackmore out of my life please.

We obviously have different opinions because I thought the Blackmore was pretty versatile. A friend of mine owns one and it sounds awesome, I'd take it over the Fireball anyday of the week and probably the Powerball as well.

Oh and just a heads up TS:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979063
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by TheEsupremacy

Agreed I would love to own a blackmore if I could ever find one for less the 2k