Okay, here the deal, Im going to buy a £2500 guitar.

Im looking at either...
A Ernie Ball MusicMan - Luke BFR
Link Here
OR
A PRS Custom 24
Link Here

I already have a Fender American Standard Stratocaster and Telecaster.
I also have an Orange Tiny Terror, and a Fender Deville 212 Amps.

I am mainly looking at some humbuckers, a nice neck, and something differant to the guitars I already have.

Im open to all suggestions. Anything you say I will take into account, Thanks For your time.

Dan
ah, £2500.

make sure you try all the boutique guys- tyler, huber, suhr, vigier, etc. etc. etc. the musicman luke is very nice by the way, musicman makes nice guitars. i'm not a major fan of prs, in my opinion they're too dear this side of the pond, but if you like them, fair enough. just make sure you try all the prs competitors at a similar price.

a custom build from e.g. feline or legra would also be worth considering.

also, depending on how heavy music you play, a different amp aimed at heavier stuff would be worth considering (ignore this is the heaviest you play is classic rock) too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd take the axis BFR if i were you. PRS is good too, but MM axis is more unique and imo a better instrument due to personal preferences like neck profile and bolt on > set neck for me. Also the MM feels alot smoother.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
The PRS without a doubt. I played both, and to me the PRS feels like it has no limit as an instrument. The paint on the neck is unbelievable as the sound, but make sure you have an amp bright enough so the PRS doesnt sound muddy through the amp.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Both are awesome guitars, but pretty much different. You'd have to try them both and see what fits you better. As LP_CL said you could also consider the Axis.

I'd get the PRS, but that's just me, I love them.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
music man axis is one of the most comfortable guitars I ever had a chance to play, I`m sure
you would love the BFR axis, too. If only I had a fortune to spend on it :P
Excellent, well, i play rock and indie mainly, just fed up of the fender twang, wanted something unique.
Im going denmark street tomorrow in london, gona try out a prs as i never held one, my music teacher has a few Musicmans, including the Axis, which i though the shape didnt realy suit my image..
Confusing time for myself.
Thanks for your responses
Don't know the Music man doesn't quite seem worth £2500, infact neither do. Sorry I haven't really contributed the answer you wanted

If I had to pick one it would be the PRS, btw I do know the joys of buying expensive guitars (just bought eric johnson signature strat) but £2500 is beyond even me, good luck with whatever you choose.
tough decision, based on looks alone. Never played either guitar, but my uneducated decision would be to go for the MM
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
I second the Suhr option.

or PRS Custom 22. The only thing i don't like about it is the tremolo though.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
Hmm, I really dont know!
The Luke has active pickups, and the PRS doesnt.
Whats the differance there?
I am a fan of both MusicMan guitars and PRSi. In this case I would have to suggest the PRS simply because I haven't played the Luke BFR yet. With the type of music you play I think a Cus 22 would suit you better than a Cus 24 but if you can play both and decide for yourself mate. Happy hunting
-Denny
PRS Singlecut Trem

Member #2 of the Coheed and Cambria fanclub, PM dementedpuppy to join.
Quote by lwayneio

That is about the best guitar on the planet imo, but i think you'll need alot more than £2500 for that. I wouldnt be supprised if they would cost you £4-5000 in Great Brittain.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
^ yeah, i imagine that'd cost a lot. you can get suhrs under budget over here, though, they are worth considering (along with tyler, anderson etc. etc.). just there are a ton of options, you aren't limited to just PRS, in fact you'd be doing yourself a disservice by only trying PRS if you have that kind of budget. don't get me wrong, i'm not saying not to get PRS, if you try all those other brands and prefer the PRS, by all means get it. Just you won't know if you like PRS the best unless you try everything else you can...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by necroscience13
between those 2 prs > musicman

no
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
i agree, that's simplifying things way too much, i mean look at how many models PRS have. not to mention musicman guitars are mainly bolt-on, while PRSs are mainly set neck... they aren't really direct competitors to be honest.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
with the type of money you are talking about . Ed romans. Quicksilver guitars are much nicer than the PRS custom shop guitars .

check out his pages he also has other guitars he makes
Quote by Ibzman
The PRS without a doubt. I played both, and to me the PRS feels like it has no limit as an instrument. The paint on the neck is unbelievable as the sound, but make sure you have an amp bright enough so the PRS doesnt sound muddy through the amp.

It has no limits, yet it is muddy?
Quote by Horlicks
It has no limits, yet it is muddy?

correct !and at the price of a PRS it best sound decent no matter what i plug it into
I've never held a PRS, mostly because they are out of my price range. But I saw Opeth live last week and they were all playing PRS guitars and their tone was off the charts. So I have a soft spot for PRS now.
Quote by rhettro
I've never held a PRS, mostly because they are out of my price range. But I saw Opeth live last week and they were all playing PRS guitars and their tone was off the charts. So I have a soft spot for PRS now.

Most of their tone comes from Laneys. As said many times in the past, guitar is only a small part of your tone.

I always thought PRS were good for their playability, rather than tone.
Well,I find they have a very particular and recognisable tone, somewhere inbetween a LP and a Strat.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Well I really had my heart set on either of those models, But now youve mentioned all the other models... I Just dont know!
What are the main differance between those 2 pick ups then?
Sorry to keep this dragging guys..
Quote by Mahoru
Well,I find they have a very particular and recognisable tone, somewhere inbetween a LP and a Strat.

offcourse it is, almost every guitar is.
Thats like saying that a cars top speed is somewhere between 80 and 200 mph
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Prs
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I have an old 1989 ebmm musicman silhouette. It's the best built easiest to play guitar I've ever owned. I have never had a prs,but if I had £2500 to spend .I would buy used and get both.
Quote by Yergh
Well I really had my heart set on either of those models, But now youve mentioned all the other models... I Just dont know!
What are the main differance between those 2 pick ups then?
Sorry to keep this dragging guys..

there's no harm in trying all those other ones then. if you prefer the prs or the MM, then by all means get them, but there's a chance that if you try those other models, you may prefer them. you have nothing to lose (well, perhaps GAS for multiple expensive guitars ), and everything to gain.

generally active pickups sound a bit more modern, with more power; however the emgs in the luke are among the more vintage-sounding EMGs.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If I were you, I'd go down to Denmark Street with several hours to kill and try everything. Try Gibson, Fender, PRS, Musicman, Suhr, Tyler, Ibanez, Charvel, Jackson, Caparison... try the whole damn lot! Plug into an amp of similar calibre of your own then really try them out. This would be like, infinitely more helpful than asking us forumers.
indeed. though, considering how annoying some of the shops in denmark street are, it may be less help than you think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?