This may well be the 100th cover of this song, but I finally took the time to learn it solidly pretty much as Jeff Buckley does it (my favourite version), and I'm actually happy with the results.

I could've spent more than just this one afternoon doing this song to try and get it perfect, but that's what I like about Jeff's version - the rawness.

I like to create harmonies, so there are a few in this song too that make it different from the original (as well as the absence of actual talent).

The song is on my profile, click my name - C4C
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
only the 100th cover?

sounds like a lot of work went into this

a little bit of hopefully helpful criticism: guitar is ok, the vocal sounds a bit weak, hesitant. even when it's a quiet song you still gotta be strong on the vocal. i suggest you get lessons to learn to use your diaphragm. i know that's helped me.

anyway, keep it up
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
Last edited by single-coil at Oct 16, 2008,
I enjoyed it and i liked the harmonies too, bit rushed at times but non the less i thought you did a good job
Quote by single-coil
only the 100th cover?

sounds like a lot of work went into this

a little bit of hopefully helpful criticism: guitar is ok, the vocal sounds a bit weak, hesitant. even when it's a quiet song you still gotta be strong on the vocal. i suggest you get lessons to learn to use your diaphragm. i know that's helped me.

anyway, keep it up

Well not really that much work at all, when I compare it to other songs I've done with many more parts to them.
Like I said, I did it all within a few hours this afternoon.

I definitely agree though, my vocals are weak. I can't really 'go for it' at home cause I'd disturb the neighbours etc

I could get lessons, but I really only do this solo thing for a laugh.
In my band I do backing vocals on occasion and my voice is good enough for that, I probably sing better then anyway, cause I can open up to it.

Thanks, you guys got recording need crit?
Quote by Paul Lambeth
It's like having the best orgasm of your life ever, but in your brain, and the opposite of that.
Realy loved it!!!your gutiar playing was pretty much spot on you have to tighten it up just a little voice wise, i actualy thought jeff buckley was singing when you first started singing loool 5 stars!!!!

crit mine please!!! http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/sherif20766/ and also would you leave a comment and rate, thank you!!!

me^ ^SLASH

JIMMY PAGE
ADRIAN SMITH
DAVE MURRAY
Are you british?

British + australian accents are so soothing
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Yeah English, I've always lived close to London so that's the kind of accent I have.

That's a great comment by the way, thanks.
Quote by Paul Lambeth