I'm looking at this guitar that some kid at school is selling as a Fender MIM for $100, but I think it might be a squier. Here's the only pic I have :

Can anyone provide some insight on this for me, thanks in advance.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
if he's on your school you can easily go and check it out I guess
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
well the bag says fender at least. email or call him and go check it out yourself.
anyone who didn't know anything about guitars wouldn't bother to say it was made in mexico, so if they're calling it a mexican one then there's a reasonable chance it is.
but yeah, def check it out
Strats -> Twin = sexwaves
Quote by Farether
if he's on your school you can easily go and check it out I guess

I can't yet because he haven't seen him and he hasn't answered my emails yet, and I live in a huge town with a huge school so nobody I know really knows him well. I'm gonna buy it anyway, but I'm just curious if anyone can tell from the picture, my monitor is too blurry to make out any details.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
i'm guessing a Squier
Quote by JeanMi36
Back when I was a teen, I was making out with this girl, when I had the bright idea of putting my hand inside her panties.

She had her period.

I'm scarred for life
look like a large headstock...........squier.
Looks like a Squier. I can tell you right now that I'm pretty sure MIM Fenders don't come with the Fender tuner or those 3 picks or all that other stuff.

When I got my Squier many years ago, it did come with that exact Fender tuner, and it does say "Fender" on the bag, so it's prolly a Squier.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

Wishlist: Hamer USA Explorer, Gibson Explorer
my squier had the same blue sticker on the pick guard. - its a squier- ask for 20-30 $ discount. (100$ is pretty good anyway)
LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY

I don't trust anything that bleeds for 5 days and doesn't die (about women) - Jens Ludwig

Quote by leony03
That made me lol so hard!!!

yay
Personally I wouldn't buy a Squier, even for $100, but that's just me.
my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

^ Any squier at all? You have no soul...

ohyes.

Go check it out, dont just buy it blindly, it could be a cardboard cut out for all you know, more than likely a s quier for that price, if its an affinity squier, it'll probably be alder, which would make it a good basis for a nice project guitar.
I'd have to try it out before buying it. I've never played one of those different Squier's like the one in your pictures, so not sure how good those are (are they made in japan?). The one I have is one of those made in Indonesia and it came in one those "starter strat pack". I think my Squier is alright, but I wouldn't buy another one like it if given the choice.

I will however say that I suppose with any guitar really, I'd have to try it out before giving any sort of criticism on it, so I suppose there's probably some Squier's out there that are better than my MIM Strat.

Fender Stratocaster HSS
LTD EC-400AT
Traynor YCV-50 Blue
Peavey Envoy 110

look at the headstock and serial number.

you're looking for an M for mexico in the serial number. if standard. the next numbers determine the year.

and if squier would say squier on it, unless he sanded it off, and refinished. but even in that case, fender would be in small writing on the headstock.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Even at 100, still a decent guitar squier or not. I doubt the Mexico part, but you never know. The headstock does look like a squier but until you check it out, it's a mystery.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.