Ok people, i recently bought a Jackson DXMG and immediately switched out the pups to 81/60 EMG's. This left me with the original EMG-HZ's in my hand and not knowing what to do, decided to customize the first guitar i bought which was a cheap starter strat copy. Basically, after some cutting, painting, slicing ,dicing, soldering and perusing wiring diagrams later, and with the help of my mates on the night shift at work.....the Strat 'Nightshift' was born!......and it actually plays well as well! here's some pics!
Attachments:
01092008261.jpg
09102008058.jpg
16102008071.jpg
Untitled.jpg
16102008076.jpg
Not bad dude...not bad
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
I'd prefer and SSS sunburst strat but I was amazed at the transformation, I was expecting just a strat with the Hzs, but then, somethign actually, slightly original, came of a strat mod!
They're gettin' rarer
Nice build! I like the fact that you went a bit against the grain of the strat style. Good work!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by syzee
Ok people, i recently bought a Jackson DXMG and immediately switched out the pups to 81/60 EMG's. This left me with the original EMG-HZ's in my hand and not knowing what to do, decided to customize the first guitar i bought which was a cheap starter strat copy. Basically, after some cutting, painting, slicing ,dicing, soldering and perusing wiring diagrams later, and with the help of my mates on the night shift at work.....the Strat 'Nightshift' was born!......and it actually plays well as well! here's some pics!

PICS
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
looks good!
But now you have the left over strat pickups your gunna have to make another guitar
Quote by Invader Jim
Freakin' sweet.

Finally, something original.

(watch it become the new fad )

Jim are you talking about his supa cool groves the icy dimond plate or his strange yet mesmorizing use of paint texture......Wait or is that spray on truck bed liner?

EDIT:Still seems like it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea.
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Last edited by Unherolike at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by Invader Jim
(watch it become the new fad )

HAHA! It's like how pretentious indie kids have to stop listening to bands once people hear of them... aaah
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Wow, that's wicked cool. IMO, the pickguard takes up too much of the front of the body though . its too big to be a pickguard, but too small to cover the whole thing... But hey, If you like it, keep it.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
I wondered that myself but as it happens, it doesn't. It sounds awesome. It is possible to tap the pick guard though and have the pickups catch the sound which can provide a cool effect! It doesn't affect normal playing though.
I ordered a sheet of it from ebay! It's 2mm thick aluminium chequer plate. I then cut out the template for the pickguard and a smaller piece which i used on the bottom of the body where I've housed the jack input.
Quote by b2spirita
I like, but would it interfre with the pickups?

It would actually cut out a lot of buzz, lots of people glue foil to the back of Strat pickguards, but an actual metal guard quietens things a lot of you've got interference issues.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard