Just wanted to know what a reasonable price would be for a Laney AOR 3012 series?

Would it do gigs without being miced up aswell? Nothing huge. Say in a pub or hall with around 200-500 people?

Thanks
I wouldn't pay anymore than 300-400 for an AOR, and at that price it's kind of pushing it. The reason I say that is because you can find AOR 50w heads for 150 and the 100w version for around 200.

As far as being able to do gigs with it goes I think that 30w should be fine.
^150 what?

Rubles? Pounds Sterling? Dead pigeons?
I'm selling one in the UK for £150 pounds and I think it's a pretty reasonable, but not amazingly low price. In the US they go for a little more I think.
Quote by Pott
I'm selling one in the UK for £150 pounds and I think it's a pretty reasonable, but not amazingly low price. In the US they go for a little more I think.

Ok, just wondering. There's one listed on Craigslist for 600 USD.
If you were up North I'd gladly give you a shot at mine, but you're a little far Good luck with your search though!
I wouldn't pay more than £300 for one, they usually don't go for much on ebay. That said, mine was free

I don't know if it's just shit valves, but on mine when you get the master volume past 2 o clock, it doesn't handle it very well. Would be good for band practises and pub gigs, but anything more than that, you'd need it miked probably.
I paid 245 for my 50w combo and It's list price at our store was 350
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
yes USD It was a sweet deal

the 30w version of the AOR isn't gonna be as marshally as mine cause it's got 6V6s in it.

but my 50w is extremley loud. the 30w should be perfect for 2-300 crowds.

they're great amps for hair metal and classic rock
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by Bostonrocks
yes USD It was a sweet deal

the 30w version of the AOR isn't gonna be as marshally as mine cause it's got 6V6s in it.

but my 50w is extremley loud. the 30w should be perfect for 2-300 crowds.

they're great amps for hair metal and classic rock

The 30w is still fairly marshally, great for classic rock and 80's metal.
oh yeah for sure I was just making sure TS knew that
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
thanks. Yeah been looking for one for AGES! so i know a bit about them.

What would you say out of these, i know what will be more popular:

Marshall JCM 800

or the Laney AOR...i quite like the head and cab version as its still damn cheap!

I think the marshall is too overpriced for me though...seeing as im still in school with no job and also not gigging PROPERLY, Yet.

what you guys rekon?

Pro's and con's?

thanks
The Pros of the AOR

It's got more gain and It's built like a rock Sounds great a bedroom volumes AND gig volume.

Cons: It ways a Ton and the Pots and caps will probably need to be changed considering its a almost 30 year old amp.

JCM800.

Pros: It's Marshall. It's probably a bit louder..

Cons: It's a Marshall It costs atleast twice as much and isn't as good IMO unless you can get it past half on the MV
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by moominman2
thanks. Yeah been looking for one for AGES! so i know a bit about them.

What would you say out of these, i know what will be more popular:

Marshall JCM 800

or the Laney AOR...i quite like the head and cab version as its still damn cheap!

I think the marshall is too overpriced for me though...seeing as im still in school with no job and also not gigging PROPERLY, Yet.

what you guys rekon?

Pro's and con's?

thanks

I hear JCM800s really need to be cranked to sound good. While AORs obviously sound best loud, they also sound pretty good at low volumes. I say go for the AOR, tis MUCH cheaper and will sound better for the bedroom/small gig situation.
yeah, thats what I just said
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
sweet. ok thanks for that. i just need to find one :| iv seen a few but hadn't had the money in time to buy it.

if anyone knows of anywhere/one who's got one for sale, would you help me out and pm me? would be really appreciated

cheers guys