I currently have a esp ltd ec 1000, but im looking into gettin a guitar with a floyd rose.
I like to play the hard rock/ metal genre, but i dont want a guitar that sounds the same as my esp. Im willing to spend £700-£850 for my new guitar. help please!
if you want a different sound i would suggest a guitar with an alder or a basswood body, you should also check out if you want your new guitar with EMG's or not.
Gibson les Paul studio
Schecter hellraiser C-1 FR 2008
Guitar Rig - Rig Kontrol
yh i was lookin at esp m-1000/mh-1000 but then relised they have emg's which then would sound similar if not the same to me ec-1000. i was looking in to the ibanez s series the s5470.
yh like that kinda style like designed for hard rock, i just want a guitar i can use for all sorts of genres really. How do you rate the ibanez s series ? as they r main guitar im swaying to atm.
superstrat of some description would be a good idea. just make sure the trem is a quality trem (OFR, schaller, gotoh, ibanez edge pro/ZR etc.).

"sounding the same" as your ec is kind of subjective, to be honest, it'll sound quite a bit different, but if it still has humbuckers, it'll be in the same ballpark...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?