I've got around $1,500. I'm going to guitar center soon, and I wanted to know if you guys could suggest any guitars. I'm going to try out a ton of guitars of course, but I will also try out any specific models you guys mention.
I like to play a wide variety of music. From alter bridge, to slipknot, to steve earle, to linkin park, to metallica, breaking benjamin, pillar, skillet, rise against, 30 seconds to mars, papa roach, and the used. So basically, I want something that can have a nice, mellow tone, and then go into heavy riffs, screeching solos, stuff like that. I play through a fender acoustasonic 250 watt tube amp. With a zoom 2020 multi effects pedal. My current guitar is a jackson standard v. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.
maton guitars, there great got good pickups and start about 1500, you need to order from the web site, you can customize them
Gear

Standard Epiphone LP W/Dimarzio Super 2's
1973 Ampeg VT-22

Fulltone Clyde
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Boss tu-2
Boss sd-1
Ehx Little Big Muff
Fulltone Ultimate Octave
Boss eq-7
Ehx Memory Man
Digitech Delay X-series
Ehx Holy Grail
Gibson Explorer
Fender MIA Strat
Fender MIA Telecaster
ESP Eclipse

Those are the ones I'd be looking into
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
Wait a second, you're playing through an acoustic valve 250w amp?!?!!

I can think of 2 things wrong with that:

- The best acoustic amps (I think, anyways) are normally SS, you wanna keep those cleans
- A 250w valve amp would be enough to cause Hiroshima all over again. (Okay, maybe it's a bit exagerated, but that's too bloody loud for clubbing gigs and things)

Anyways, I'd maybe get a Schecter/ESP, maybe not the Explorer, unless you wanna change some pickups. The ones on the Explorer aren't the greatest.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
Wait a second, you're playing through an acoustic valve 250w amp?!?!!

I can think of 2 things wrong with that:

- The best acoustic amps (I think, anyways) are normally SS, you wanna keep those cleans
- A 250w valve amp would be enough to cause Hiroshima all over again. (Okay, maybe it's a bit exagerated, but that's too bloody loud for clubbing gigs and things)

Anyways, I'd maybe get a Schecter/ESP, maybe not the Explorer, unless you wanna change some pickups. The ones on the Explorer aren't the greatest.

Ummm... yeah. The amp I'm using has been heavily modded. Everything inside it has been replaced. It's no longer an acoustic amp. Its a tube amp. And yeah, I can't turn it up past 3 when playing a gig. And it goes up to 10.

And I will definately be trying out some schecters.