^^is what I just had given to me about a week ago. Has anyone heard of them? Do you know how they stack up against higher end amps? I was considering buying a new amp for around $700-$1,000, but I don't know if I need to now. Would it make much of a difference over this amp? Basically, if you've heard of this amp, how good would you say it is?
Can you link us to the amp, so we can actually see it? I think you may be talking about the acoustasonic extention cab.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
1) It's a tranny amp made for acoustic-electrics, and vocals.

2) For $1000 you could nab a nice tube amp for whatever style you play.
Yeah, for 1000 bucks, you can definitely grab a good tube combo.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
If you're playing an acoustic with a piezo or other pickup, or an electric with piezo (for acoustic sound), it's a great amp. If you're playing an electric with only mag pickups, look elsewhere. It's designed to give clean, clean tone, and that's all.
PRS SC245
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Quilter OD200, 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by --LP--
^^is what I just had given to me about a week ago. Has anyone heard of them? Do you know how they stack up against higher end amps? I was considering buying a new amp for around $700-$1,000, but I don't know if I need to now. Would it make much of a difference over this amp? Basically, if you've heard of this amp, how good would you say it is?

its an acoustic amp and as far as acoustic amps go you can do better whith te money.
Quote by THEKID546
^what, you use an acoustic amp to play metal.

Yep. It sounds amazing too. The only complaint I have is that it has too much bass. I have the bass on 2 out of 10. And the volume is touchy. But I can control that on my guitar. I've played in an auditorium about 300ft x 450ft, and I couldn't turn it up past 6. The thing has a ton of power. And there is no noise at all even with the volume up to 6 with heavy distortion. It works great for metal.
isnt it SS?

i guess with the right pedals and cab you can use it like a jc-120
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
isnt that a SS, 40W/channel dsp acoustic moddler?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH

Its the acoustasonic junior dsp. it doesn't say its a tube amp, but it takes about 3 secons after I turn it on for it to power up.
Last edited by --LP-- at Oct 16, 2008,
^That doesn't exactly mean that it's tube, can you take pics of it and load them?
Quote by --LP--
Its the acoustasonic junior dsp. it doesn't say its a tube amp, but it takes about 3 secons after I turn it on for it to power up.

you just have to look it up man.

I went to fender.com go figure.

Series Acoustasonic
Type Solid State
Output 40 Watts Per Channel (Stereo)
Ohms 8 ohms

http://fender.com/products/view_specs.php?full_partno=2213200010&name=Acoustasonic%26trade%3B+Junior+DSP

no tubes for you
I think its been modded. The back has definately been removed. It looks like someone cut away part of it, and put in bigger speakers. Could they have made it into a tube amp? Because I've played tube amps before, and I'll tell you right now, this is a tube amp. The ouside looks the same as in the pics, but the inside has clearly been fooled around with.
I'm going to go with...

Quote by --LP--
I think its been modded.

Maybe.

Quote by --LP--
It looks like someone cut away part of it, and put in bigger speakers.

Probably not.

Quote by --LP--
Could they have made it into a tube amp?

No.

Quote by --LP--
and I'll tell you right now, this is a tube amp.

No.

If you like the sound, play it. If you don't, sell it and buy what you want. But please don't list it as a 250w tube amp, you will get some angry people once they get to your house.
dude, unless some guy took the time to overhaul the entire electronics, it isn't a tube amp. Stick your hand in there when it's on, if you feel something like grabbing a lit lightbulb, it's tubes, if you feel like you are being shocked, you are being shocked.

No tubes.
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.

you would have needed these in there sorry. they would have been there to see not hidden, because they would have needed to vent.

i'm not being mean, i'm just letting you know. i'm sure your amp sounds very nice, and if you like it then no, you dont need a new amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Last edited by jj1565 at Oct 16, 2008,
I took it to a guitar shop today, and had the guy check it out for me. He said that basically, the only factory part was the ouside of it. Everything inside has been change. It is deifinately tube. The guy said so himself. And this guy has been in the guitar/amp business for 35 years. And as for the 250W business, that's what it says on the back. I'm assuming it means 250W max. He said the speakers are 80W each. Plus the tweeter. Which is the only stock part that I know of. So, basically, its no longer an acoustic amp. The guy said if I ever wanted to sell it, he'd give me $350.
Quote by --LP--
I took it to a guitar shop today, and had the guy check it out for me. He said that basically, the only factory part was the ouside of it. Everything inside has been change. It is deifinately tube. The guy said so himself. And this guy has been in the guitar/amp business for 35 years. And as for the 250W business, that's what it says on the back. I'm assuming it means 250W max. He said the speakers are 80W each. Plus the tweeter. Which is the only stock part that I know of. So, basically, its no longer an acoustic amp. The guy said if I ever wanted to sell it, he'd give me $350.

In that case, it may not be 250w input. Output would probably be much less. Also, speaker wattage is just the maximum wattage it can handle... in my case, My Blues Junior takes 180w input, output 15w RMS to a speaker of 150w. It is still only 15w RMS.

So pics please. Not only can it prove that yours IS a tube amp, but we could kinda guess the output wattage. For example, 2 EL84 will have aroudn 15w RMS in PP mode; 2 6L6, usually push pull, will be around 50w.

Also, being changed, it will not be acoutasonic in any sound, despite its shape. And it will also be very unique.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
BluesJr 1996-B + cathode follower + texas Heat
Crate CPB150
Homemade 4 x 10 cab Bass closeback
Metal Muff
Quote by --LP--
Its definately unique. I played it in a gymnasium today, and I couldn't turn it up past 3. The thing has way too much power.
As for pics, my computer doesn't register my camera, so I can't download any pics. Sorry.

It depends on what "3" (due to use of pots, especially on your amp).

Anyway, if the internal circuit is completely handwire, keep it.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
that's great --LP-- i'm happy for you

if i were you, i'd call it "my boutique amp, in a Fender box."

pics, because it would be cool to see.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I'm skeptical.

Pics please.
The simpleton's rig:
Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster
Homemade Fuzz pedal "the chainsaw"
Peavey Valveking 212.
Quote by --LP--
Its definately unique. I played it in a gymnasium today, and I couldn't turn it up past 3. The thing has way too much power.
As for pics, my computer doesn't register my camera, so I can't download any pics. Sorry.

Tell me what's your camera, so that I can help you use it.
Ibanez SA-120 (ed.2006)
Crate CPB150
Metal Muff
Quote by --LP--

So......you have pics of the insides you just can't download them? Here are some ideas on top of telling us what camera you have.

1.) I'll help you find a driver so your PC can recognize your camera.
2.) Get the film developed and then take a picture of your pictures.
3.) Take it to Walgreens and tell them you want a CD only of pics.
4.) Give us the name of the guy/place that checked it out for you.
5.) Post a clip of you playing thru amp.