Copied from the build forum since I'm a new guy around here and wasn't sure where to post

Got this guitar probably 10 years ago as a cheap kit. My father (who's played as long as I can remember and for quite a while before that ) helped me assemble and set it up. It wasn't a bad guitar and I dug the custom headstock we did but after almost a decade it was ready for an overhaul:
The original look. After several staining attempts we decided to spray it orange:

Stripped down and re-painting process begun. It's an "almond white":

Assembled! and while it was torn apart I had the plastics division at the company I used to work for "dip" my pickguard in a snake skin wash. I couldn't have been happier with how it came out.

Closeup of custom headstock:

But that single coil in the bridge just wasn't cutting it. Upgraded to a DiMarzio DP182 and this is how it sits today:

And a vid of it in action shortly after completion. Ignore the lame "shredding", lol.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uioWEGgFacg
Thanks for looking! Hope you enjoy the little story
Quote by crossy uk
sexy as hell

Thanks a ton! Having it like this, I don't know what I was thinking with the orange lol
Really glad everyone's digging it so far. The headstock usually receives mixed reviews, haha. My favorite part is how cheap the total cost of this guitar wound up being and yet how much I love playing it.
I'm not exactly a fan of the headstock, but it's still a really good guitar!

Nice one!

*high 5*
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I'm not exactly a fan of the headstock, but it's still a really good guitar!

Nice one!

*high 5*

(Invalid img)
SLAP energy drinks ftw.