Right guys I'm not too sure what to buy. I need a super cheap practice amp to take to sixth form college with me. It has to be lightweight, cheap/inexpensive and have basic controls like overdrive/gain.

Tone isn't really important aslong as it sounds better than the "phoenix" amps the school has. I would take my gear in but tbh it would probably get stolen and it's expensive do i don't wan't that.

Definately Second Hand

Has to be loud enough for a jam with a band, however the drum kits and bass amps are shite and a 15w amp (SS) cranked is plenty enough in the mix.

Any Suggestions.

X
'05 Fender Speed Shop So-Cal Stratocaster
'95 Squier Standard Strat

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Orange Dark Terror + PPC212
Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
Check out the Cheap Peavey Vypyr, they are cheap, and they sound better then just about anything else in that price range. I also think the roland cubes are good.
The line six spider 3 15W sounds like a good choice. Believe me these amps are terribly underated, you can get a good range of tones from cleans to metal with the right tweaking plus it comes with built in effects. Obv. not gonna be up to ur fender's standards, but nevertheless a good amp for your purposes
Quote by tubetime86

Nothing compliments a Gibson Les Paul Custom quite like a Fender Frontman 15R

Yeah figured as much. In the UK what's the cheapest you can get any of these?

X

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S
roland cube 30x
Gear:
2000 Paul Reed Smith CE-24
ESP EC-1000 w/ Seymour Duncans
Ceriatone 18 Watt TMB Plexi 1x12
Peavey 5150 2x12 Combo
Vox DA5
hmm i think ill just have a look around! Im just going to find the cheapest (ok amp) the da5 actually looks like a good idea. Im pretty clued up on amps just wondered if there was one i was forgetting!

OLP MM1
Washburn X200v Pro

Tanglewood TW145-SC
Yamaha C40

Jet City JCA20H + JCA24S