well i have a marshall mg 15dfx. and its making this poping noise. and the amp is not loud at all. if i turn the volume off with my guitar its still making the noise. what could it be?
Last edited by Redsox4ever5955 at Oct 16, 2008,
I have that aswell on mine; it doesn'y affect the sound, it's jsut really annoying.
I've always thought that it was just coz' it's had it's fair share of knocks.
I'm guessing it's just the amp dying, to be honest. MGs aren't exactly the most reliable amps, or best sounding (as I know from first hand experience), not to mention this happens all the time with these amps.

Your best bet would be to get a new amp, maybe a Vox Valvetronix or something, which sounds better and will last longer.

And, just as a note, SS amps usually cost an arm and a leg to get fixed, so there's another point to get a new amp.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Lil Macker
I'm guessing it's just the amp dying, to be honest. MGs aren't exactly the most reliable amps, or best sounding (as I know from first hand experience), not to mention this happens all the time with these amps.

Your best bet would be to get a new amp, maybe a Vox Valvetronix or something, which sounds better and will last longer.

And, just as a note, SS amps usually cost an arm and a leg to get fixed, so there's another point to get a new amp.

well i am already getting a new amp. i am going to get a peavey valveking 112. but i haft to w8t a month before i can get it.
^thats a nice amp to upgrade too....I'd say just tough it out for a month.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.