well i have around 420$
so i play like. punk rock . metal. hard rock.
and i went that the clean will be good too.
I though about the Epiphone les paul custom. good guitar
so there is any guitar better then this epiphone in this price range?

does the Schecter Damien FR Electric Guitar have good punk rcok sound because i saw in youtube only metal staff with this guitar.
Last edited by Okdark at Oct 16, 2008,
i would go to a guitar shop and try every guitar within your pricerange.
I'm only Welsh, give me a break!!

Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Airline 2P DLX
PRS Tremonti SE
Fender Strat
Yamaha FG 450SA

Peavey ValveKing 212
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop SW95 Crybaby
Shit load of Picks
The Epi is bad for the styles you mentioned until you swap the pickups. The stock ones are horribly muddy.
Keep in mind that you need an amp as well. Do you have one or is that 550$ of yours for both, guitar and amp? Don't forget that you'll need an extra 70$-100$ for a tuner, cables, gigbag, guitar stand...

Quote by Daaaaaave
i would go to a guitar shop and try every guitar within your pricerange.

+1
If you're new to guitar, make sure to bring a friend or relative who's got some experience with guitars so he can help you.
Dont buy the Damien FR, the trem will make you wanna quit playing. I think the Epi will be perfect. And you probably will be able to keep it for a good long time. I wish I couldve started on such a good-looking and good-playing guitar.
going to a guitar shop is probably the sensible thing to do.
I just brought on what i liked the look of and got off lucky with an Ibanez RG.

By the way what are you doing on a tab website if you dont play guitar?
the epi customs are good axes. They do tend to be a bit muddy though and the neck is too fat for my taste. Anything with a Floyd is pretty much not good for punk, dems for shredding! A Dean Cadillac is a great punk guitar and good for metal too. For punk I would look for something with a thick body, most likely made of mahoganey, humbucker pickups and a good solid neck.
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Quote by TheQuailman
The Epi is bad for the styles you mentioned until you swap the pickups. The stock ones are horribly muddy.
Keep in mind that you need an amp as well. Do you have one or is that 550$ of yours for both, guitar and amp? Don't forget that you'll need an extra 70$-100$ for a tuner, cables, gigbag, guitar stand...

+1
If you're new to guitar, make sure to bring a friend or relative who's got some experience with guitars so he can help you.

+2
If you like the Epi, try an Epi LP Ultra if you can squeeze up another $200. It would be a good starter and its got better hardware. Might look at other schecters too, like a c-1 maybe
Last edited by kyshack at Oct 16, 2008,
I played classical guitar for 1.4year
i have amp 30vox
550$ only for guitar without the bag and all that...

ValoRhoads thx very helpful comment
xD i have guitar but not electric one. i have classicl .

and its about the girls ... oh the girls

and the pepole here answers very fast

but in my country there is small shops and not lot of brans of guitar
in one you can find epi and prs and the other you can find sechter and ibenz
so if i play epi and go to other store and play ibenz i will forget how the epi sound.
ok my price range is not 550$ because all the guitrs in my coutnry mutch expinsive then in usa so its about 425$
If in your country yamaha is available, check this one out:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_612v_ost.htm

Absolutely amazing value in it's price class and will work perfectly fine for your styles together with that vox amp. If you can save up some more, there is an upgraded version of it which has better single coils:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_pacifica_812v_ovs.htm

Another popular option is this one:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/fender_mexstd_fatstrat.htm

The pickups (especially the humbucker) on it are not as good as on the yamahas, but personally I prefer the neck on this guitar. I think finding that one is pretty easy.

If you are more into LPs though, check out Hagstroms, they sound far better than Epis, I also find their look more interesting:
http://www.thomann.de/gb/hagstrom_super_swede_flm_vb.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/hagstrom_select_ultra_swede_is.htm

The last one is shown in the wrong colour, the little square next to it will give you an impression of the real colour.

EDIT: Just read your last post. In that case, look at a Yamaha Pacifica 412 (different tremolo and stock yamaha pickups) and at the cheaper hagstroms, which are still pretty nice guitars.
we dont have Hagstroms in our coutnry

about the fender i dont like and the yamaha its have tromol or whammy bar i dont know how to call it .
so i heard if you have this bar have some problems ?
thx for trying
Down tuning takes a second longer than with a fixed bridge, but those are just usual, non-locking tremolos that are easy to use and don't cause any hassle. The complicated ones are the double locking trems, like the Floayd Rose or Ibanez Edge.
oh ok thx i will try it.

why sould i try g-400 if i can get les paul c.
It's cheaper, not worse in terms of quality and will leave you with enough cash to swap the crappy epiphone pickups.

The custom epi LPs really aren't all that good. They just look nice imo.
i dont like the look of Les paul looks old
i like more sg but its not the look its the quality
Quote by Vitor_vdp
how did you learn how to play if you don't have a guitar?
odd

EDIT: oh , that's ok then.
Hmmm haven't tried any Epi ever, same for the Schecter, so... just try them in a shop

I didn't have a guitar inteal a month into playing. I only got to practice 3 times a week though...
Try an Epiphone G-400. Actually, the 1966 G-400 with the full sized pickguard and a nicer heritage cherry or silverburst rather than ebony or cherry, and the half sized pickguard.
Too bad they don't have neck binding. Would look so much better. And if they had a model with a maestro, I'd definately buy one.
UG's AC/DC Lover