hey, I need a new amp for gigging. I will use this mainly for punk, but I play indie and classic rock too. I was wondering if i should get the VOXAC30CPH or a JCM900. Or is a JCM800 better for punk than a JCM900?

please help me decide.
I think marshalls are great for anything they are just an amazing brand. so id go with marshall nut go to a local shop or wutever try em out and see which one you liek better.
You can get a JCM900 used for real cheap nowadays, and I personally prefer multi-channel amps, so you don't have to rely on pedals as much if you need to go between clean/grind. If I play somewhere I have to plugin to an existing amp, then I drag along my Boss ME-50 and use that DS-1 distortion, but I'd MUCH rather show up with my own multi-channel head and skip the pedals (OK, maybe I should at least get a tuner)
For me, the JCMs are too heavy in the bass and low-mids for classic rock and indie stuff. The AC30 should cover those styles well.
so basically... I should get the JCM for punk and the AC30 for classic rock and indie? great...
The AC30 will be good for punk. Bridge the channels and turn the bass up, it does a good Marshall impression with the preamp volume wound up.
The AC30 is pretty much the standard for Indie sounds. It'll do rock and punk great. It'll do them even better if you put in an overdrive. In my opinion Marshall's last good amp was the original JCM 800s, the 900s sound kinda fizzy to me. If you really want a Marshall get a clone. I didn't mean to complicate your life further but just in the future if you want a Marshall tone, get a clone. Really.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Good choice. You won't be disappointed.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Great choice, the JCM900 would have been too modern for you anyway.

I love AC30s
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009