F# A B A E B A
E-------------------------------------------E
B-------------------------------------------B
G----2-2-4-4--4-4-2---4-4-2-2---------------G
D--4-2-2-4-4--4-4-2-2-4-4-2-2---------------D
A--4-0-0-2-2--2-2-0-2-2-2-0-0----0-2-4------A
E--2----------------0----------4-------0----E

Ok so im not used to reading tabs and i really don't have a clue how to read this. Now im assuming the, D4 A4 E4 is a barre chord. But how do you play the G2 D2 A0 ?

E|-------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------------|
G|----2-2-4-4--4-4-2---4-4-2-2---------------|
D|--4-2-2-4-4--4-4-2-2-4-4-2-2---------------|
A|--4-0-0-2-2--2-2-0-2-2-2-0-0----0-2-4------|
E|--2----------------0----------4-------0----|

Ok so heres your tab.

Basic power chords really.

You know the string names?
Ok the first chord, you put one finger on the E string, on the 2nd fret
Next you put two fingers on the next two strings, on the 4th fret.
Then play the three strings.

Somewhere theres a blog or something on how to read tabs.

But basically for every number there is on a string, then thats where you put your finger on that certain numbered fret.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
Last edited by Aurigo at Oct 16, 2008,
They're power chords. 244xxx is a G5 power chord, root on the 6th string, x022xx is an A5 power chord rooted on the 5th string, 022xxx is an E5 power chord rooted on the 6th string.

It's pretty easy to play, form a barre chord but you only use the root and the 5th (index finger, ring and pinky finger bits, or you can use your ring finger to bar the 5th portion) and play only the 3 strings your fingers are on. For the 5th string power chords use the very tip of your index finger to mute the 6th string because just starting out your won't be able to reliably hit the right strings.

Look up a lesson on power chords and it'll become clear.
Ok but how do i mute the e and B strings while muting the E string and playing the open A string ?
You lay your index finger across all the strings like you would with a barre chord, but you only put pressure on the A string. It takes a little practice but not as much as you would think. Once you get good at it you'll be able to just hit the 3 strings you need to and won't have to worry as much about muting the other strings.
Ok but how do i mute the e and B strings while muting the E string and playing the open A string ?

Just mute the low E. Simply avoid hitting the B and high E.
Quote by .Finn.
They're power chords. 244xxx is a G5 power chord, root on the 6th string, x022xx is an A5 power chord rooted on the 5th string, 022xxx is an E5 power chord rooted on the 6th string.

hate to nitpick, but F#/Gb sir.
Jackson DKMG Dinky, Ibanez RG 7321, Ibanez RG 350EX
Bugera 6262-212 (120 watt), Line 6 Spider lll (30 watt)

Pearl Forum Series Drums
Sabian B8 Cymbals (ride, hi-hats, 3x crash, splash)
Personally, if I was doing that progression I'd move the A5 onto the E,A and D strings. Just a matter of preference, it's the same stuff vitally. So:

E|-------------------------------------------|
B|-------------------------------------------|
G|--------4-4--4-4-2---4-4-2-2---------------|
D|--4-7-7-4-4--4-4-2-2-4-4-2-2---------------|
A|--4-7-7-2-2--2-2-0-2-2-2-0-0----0-2-4------|
E|--2-5-5------------0----------4-------0----|

Would be how I'd play it; 5 7 7 x x x is the same notes as x 0 2 2 x x; they're both an A5 chord with the octave of the root note added in.

Also, fingering: some people use one finger for the lower fret and one across both of the higher frets(eg for an A5 on the bottom 3 strings 1st finger on the 5th fret, E string, and 3rd or 4th finger across the 7th fret on both the A and D strings), while others use one finger for each string.
Quote by davidskan1

You don't mute them - you shouldn't be hitting them in the first place.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com