I want to fix a broken guitar for part of my senior project...Where can I buy a "broken" one? How messed up should I get it? I have to document the entire process, so it needs to be messed up enough for it to look like I put a lot of work into it, but I am in no way experienced at working with guitars. Also, if possible, I'd like to keep it after the project is over with to have a decent playing guitar. I was hoping to get a messed up Gibson SG...or Fender strat/telecaster.

I really don't want to spend more than $200 USD on the guitar itself, as I'll have to get new pickups and stuff...

Also, any suggestions? Thanks

Edit: I've looked around ebay for a bit, and haven't found anything...
If you have any links, they would be greatly appreciated!
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Just get a non-broken guitar from a pawnshop, and mess it up yourself.
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Your local dump?

Otherwise, yeah, get a cheap one and kill it yourself. It's more fun that way.
Quote by Fox McKalen

get a cheap one and kill it yourself. It's more fun that way.

Haha, if I don't find one within about a month, I will have some fun...doing guitar apins and such
I'm not a Bible-thumper anymore. Realized I had a brain in '09.

I like guitars, running, and math.
Me

Seriously though, try eBay. Or maybe try the Classifieds Section on here. There may be a broken old guitar that someone just wants to get rid of

And if you find your broken old SG... and there's two... and they're cheap... tell me will ya
On ebay, you'll often see people sell only the body and neck, so it's pretty much starting from scratch, and others that say U fix or something.
UG's AC/DC Lover
idk where ur located but i was at a daddys (used music store) and they had like 20 broken guitars, all kinds...so maybe a used store around you
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"