Fender Classic Player '60s Stratocaster Electric Guitar

Im looking to buy my first strat, and i was browsing through guitarcenter.com and this one caught my eye. first of all I love this color, and ive been looking for colors like this (surf green, sea foam green, and sonic blue) anyway this guitar has many great reviews, but i was wondering if it would be a good guitar to play rock and punk on. If you want to see it you can look it up at this link

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Classic-Player--60s-Stratocaster-Electric-Guitar-103862330-i1166328.gc

please give me your opinion and if you dont think that this is a good guitar for rock and punk then please suggest a strat that is.
I guess it is good.
I dunno, i just judged it by looking at it.
My knowledge is limited but I can't help thinking a non 60's style Mexican fat strat or Highway One strat might be more suited to your needs, and cheaper, as it will probably sound a lot less... vintage?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez GRG170DX
Peavey Vypyr 75
Fender Princeton 650 DSP w/ Celestion 80w speaker
it's a pretty good guitar. i wouldn't use it for punk though. i would go for a tele when playing softer punk or ska or for harder punk, an epi masterbuilt les paul
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Oct 16, 2008,
i would imagine you're going to want something with humbuckers in?
FOR SALE:

Wilkinson EZ lok Tuners - £15
Dunlop 535q Multiwah - £80

Offers/Trades anyone?
But why would you desperately want a strat for punk and rock? Wouldn't a Les Pauls be better for that job? I mean, Fender Stratocaster has a name, but it's not rlly meant for those genres I think. Fender and Gibson aren't competition, they co-exist and prefer different areas. You're hearing this from a strat player by the way :p
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
I'd say it's a fairly good strat, but as mentioned, I think an HSS Mexican Strat might work better.

Oh, and Base Ics, of course the Strat is rock 'n' roll! I'd consider the development of the Strat a crucial turning point in rock 'n' roll history! I'm sure many would agree.
Quote by Friendly Stoat
My knowledge is limited but I can't help thinking a non 60's style Mexican fat strat or Highway One strat might be more suited to your needs, and cheaper, as it will probably sound a lot less... vintage?

Yeah, it seems like it's pretty nice, but I'd listen to this guy.

Edit - ^Big difference between "punk and rock" and Rock n' Roll.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I'd say it's a fairly good strat, but as mentioned, I think an HSS Mexican Strat might work better.

Oh, and Base Ics, of course the Strat is rock 'n' roll! I'd consider the development of the Strat a crucial turning point in rock 'n' roll history! I'm sure many would agree.

I know, I love my strat myself
But he wants rock and punk and well
I might have some prejudices here (sorry, my mistake completely) but I think he's referring to stuff like fall out boy and all that. The things that just about all of my friends who aren't badass musicians consider punk and rock etc. And for that I'd believe a strat wouldn't be the best choice.
IF however you wanna play old rock and roll and punk as in 'the clash' etc, then a strat would be your kind of thing
Quote by Retro Rocker

haha

*wipes tear from eye*
Oh you're good.
Hss mexican strat would probably be better(and 1/2 the price)
and its not really a good idea to pick a guitar based solely on looks/finishes
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene