Page 1 of 2
I know that Vox has planned to release a series of Satriani pedals, but does anyone know what they are yet? All I know of is the Satchurator.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I was thinking a delay, but a wah seems more likely. They're really keeping us in the dark it seems.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
they'll probably go from most to least important for his sound, distortion would be first then probably wah, so on and so forth til they're making signature footswitches & cables *coughstevevaicough*
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
I just found a pic of his pedal board and there's something like a Satchurator but green colour.

Not a wha... he uses several octave generators, so maybe something like it or a chorus/delay.

Now that I watch closely, it's in place of his long time delay....
Satch is the kind of player the company will milk for all he's worth.
They could well release a Vox/Satch sig version of every pedal on that board, except, most likely, the digitech whammy.
Quote by Warpo
I just found a pic of his pedal board and there's something like a Satchurator but green colour.

Not a wha... he uses several octave generators, so maybe something like it or a chorus/delay.

Now that I watch closely, it's in place of his long time delay....

from the looks of it, that wah seems like some sort of prototype. it looks pretty boxy and unfinished. the green box is either going to be an overdrive (the Saturator was more like a GREATLY improved DS-1), a delay of some sort or an Octave pedal.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's going to be a delay pedal, because he said in an interview that he doesn't love his Boss DD3 delay's tone, he just liked it's reliability. so this could just be a tough as nails delay pedal.
Yeah, that vox wah on the left is way too ugly to be a finished product. It's gotta be a prototype.

Oh man I'm excited for the other Vox pedals. I love the satchurator. I probably wouldn't buy the delay unless it was pretty stellar--I have a Nova Delay that I love just too much to put on the back burner. A mod pedal would be sweet. He probably is going to use Vox to his advantage, though--he's got some fairly high quality pedals on his board, and then some underlings like the DS1 and DD3's (tonewise, not reliability like what was said above). He'll probably get new models of those done up before anything else.
the wah's probably a prototype, like someone else said, and the green thing i'm guessing is a chorus, since normally satch has a boss chorus on stage, right (CH-1 i believe?)? And he's got his Boss DD-2 there, so my guess is the green box is a chorus, although I think a Satch Delay would be awesome.
If he were to release a delay, I bet it would be a double shot one so that you can replicate the short/long delay reverb type thing he has in his tone.
It says on VOX's website that he used a prototype wah during tracking for the new album. I agree with bartdevil about the delay. i also believe that it will have a long/short delay mode because whenever I try to find pictures on Joe's board, he always has two DD-3's, one set long and one set short.
Quote by bogg808
It says on VOX's website that he used a prototype wah during tracking for the new album. I agree with bartdevil about the delay. i also believe that it will have a long/short delay mode because whenever I try to find pictures on Joe's board, he always has two DD-3's, one set long and one set short.

maybe that's why the green box has two switches!!! 3ur3k@!!!!!!
Quote by idoitforthelulz
maybe that's why the green box has two switches!!! 3ur3k@!!!!!!

It could still be a chorus though. Like the Satchurator has a switch for distortion and a second for more distortion, the chorus could have one for chorus and more chorus.
Saint Louis Blues
Quote by The Picker
It could still be a chorus though. Like the Satchurator has a switch for distortion and a second for more distortion, the chorus could have one for chorus and more chorus.

i dunno, i've never heard someone exclaim "Goddamn!! i need more chorus, but i can't bend down to crank it! hopefully, someone will create a pedal that will have a more chorus switch!!!"
Well, I got the Satchurator and it's awesome. Very "Satch" voiced, but not that it will make you sound strictly like Satch.

If that green box is his delay, I can look myself getting one.
Quote by Warpo
Well, I got the Satchurator and it's awesome. Very "Satch" voiced, but not that it will make you sound strictly like Satch.

If that green box is his delay, I can look myself getting one.

If it's decently priced, definately.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
If it's decently priced, definately.

His Satchurator is decently priced, I think.

Street (read:ebay now that you can barely find them) price is 129 dollars.

Not that far from a Metal Muff and cheaper than a Keeley.

If you've had one of the Satchurator in your hands, you'll know your bucks went to quality sound and construction, not one or the other.

I know delays are generally more expensive, though.
Quote by idoitforthelulz
i dunno, i've never heard someone exclaim "Goddamn!! i need more chorus, but i can't bend down to crank it! hopefully, someone will create a pedal that will have a more chorus switch!!!"

No, but people HAVE said they need more cowbell. I wonder if Vox is making a More Cowbell Satch Pedal...

I hope it's a delay, or if it's gunna be a chorus unit, hopefully it'll be a choral/flange/phase thing.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
No, but people HAVE said they need more cowbell. I wonder if Vox is making a More Cowbell Satch Pedal...

I know I need more cowbell.
I'm Joel. I play guitar. I am a student. I look at the cost of tuition, not in a dollar value, but in the guitars I'm sacrificing now, to be able to buy later.
Dude, this is awesome Can't wait to see what he comes out with next! I'd really love to try out his pedals... And Vai's pedal too.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Dang! I have the Satchurator and love it... and I think I just found my next delay pedal.

If the thing hits the pricepoint (delays are usually more expensive) and quality of the Satchurator, we have a winner.

I can't wait for it.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
I want my own signature line of pedals.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Warpo
Dang! I have the Satchurator and love it... and I think I just found my next delay pedal.

If the thing hits the pricepoint (delays are usually more expensive) and quality of the Satchurator, we have a winner.

I can't wait for it.

Agreed wholeheartedly.
I'm holding out for the wah. Vox wah+Satch specs=Empty wallet.
Time machine has some damn nice features, too.
If Vox keep this up, they'll have a sure fire winner on their hands.
I read somewhere that the wah in that picture is called the Big Bad Wah and is the next one up in his line.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
i saw a lesson with him about pedals, and he said that vox was making a signature wah, he was using the prototype
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Awesome! I don't really need the Satchurator, but I could definitely use a nice quality delay pedal
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
http://www.voxamps.com/us/pedals/timemachine/
I dunno if anyone has posted that yet (i didn't read the whole thread).

edit: yeah, I was beaten to it.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
yea, i decided against the satchurator becuase id be too tempted to simply replicate satch's tone with it, but that delay is on my list XD
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Can you use both the long and short delay at the same time?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
Can you use both the long and short delay at the same time?

No, there's a trailer (with no real samples) at you tube and someone from Vox plain states that to do that you need either a second Time Machine or a DD-2 or DD-3 (yes,they rightly say so, no shame!)

You can switch between the Vintage and Modern type of delay but not delay settings... it would have to have "memory" for the settings of each channel. And Satch still uses a second delay behind this one.

I mean, Behringer can do that on their amps. Each channel can "remember" the effect and effect setting even on a 150 bucks amp.

But I don't know if Vox would go that far... It would be confusing to have the pots in one position and hear something very different.

Or you ca have motorized pots... but then the effect would cost megabucks... Like 400 or something crazy like that.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
I tried out the Satchurator... I thought it sucked balls. Very fizzy with the gain high and not a good boost. Definitely try it before you buy it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Rock Pig
Here's a new one.

http://www.voxamps.com/pedals/bigbadwah/

About time too. I hope it kicks ass. Probably will.
Don't know if it's been posted anywhere else, but I figure it's sufficient reason to dig this thread up

That's a terrible name imo.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
^
Big Bad Moon=Satch song with vocals.
Wah=vocal sweep.
It makes sense in a kind of... really geeky way >.>

Quote by ShredGod George
http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/vox-announces-joe-satriani-delay-pedal-185950

the green things a delay

Edit: beaten by a whole page
Whats next, Octave thingies?

Lol, yeah. You were beaten by almost a month in fact :p
I just dug the thread up to mention the Big Bad Wah. Tbh I've been checking the Vox site religiously for the last few days as I need a new wah and knew that Vox/Satch were making the Big Bad Wah; It was put on there just today, or late yesterday.

And yes, the only things left for Vox to do are octave effects and modulation. I'd quite like a chorus that can replicate that Surfing With the Alien sound.
Last edited by Rock Pig at Jan 15, 2009,
Quote by Rock Pig
^

And yes, the only things left for Vox to do are octave effects and modulation. I'd quite like a chorus that can replicate that Surfing With the Alien sound.

In the video where they announce it he goes "distortion, overdrive, chorus, wah and then the crazy stuff"
Which gives me hope they'll put out an overdrive seperate from the satchurator
I'd imagine theyll do chorus then get into octavers & whatnot
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by Rock Pig
^
Big Bad Moon=Satch song with vocals.
Wah=vocal sweep.
It makes sense in a kind of... really geeky way >.>

You mean like the Bad Horsie?
(to me)
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Page 1 of 2