At the moment I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard, and a Crate Palomino V8. I want to play blues, classic rock, and hard rock, the most gain I'll want is probably for Van Halen or Guns n Roses. I will be playing live. So then...

1. I like my les pauls tone, but i don't like the playability as much, so I'm probably going to buy a mim or mij strat too. would a strat and a les paul be better, or do you think it would be a better idea to sell the LP and then get a used Gibson SG Std.? It would have great playability, and have that gibson tone at the same time. Which one?

2. I want Gn'R, Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Hendrix, and Clapton tone's from my amp, i was thinking one of these 3-Traynor Blue (I forget the exact model), Peavey Classic 30, or Peavey Windsor. I also want decent cleans, but they don't need to be perfectly clean, just really low gain. Which one of those amps would be best? I plan on buying a TS9 and Vox wah soon after i get the setup, so what should i do to get the desired tones, and keep the price as low as possible? Thanks a ton to anyone who answers!
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

whats your budget?
honestly, if you like the tone of the les paul, dont get a strat as they are completely different
get the gibson sg. Mine is SO much better then the epiphone LP i used to have. it will inspire you a lot
The YCV50 Blue is an option for ya? I'd so do it. I less than 3 mine. (<3)

Very good cleans, has the perfect amount of gain for what you need, very Marshally sounding...

And it's blue for God's sake. Now if that doesn't sell you, I don't know what will!

Oh and I'd say get an HSS Strat as well. MIM or MIJ, either should do.
i love hendrix, clapton, and the tones i get from the strats i played. i just like the les paul tone more. but i still love the strat tone. so thats why i'd like both. but then an SG could get both types of tones pretty well and would be great. so i'm kinda stuck. and what about the amps?
Quote by darkstar2466
Bigfoot.... The Abominable Snowman.... Chinese Democracy.... all stories, nothing more.

Quote by mydogpoops
i love hendrix, clapton, and the tones i get from the strats i played. i just like the les paul tone more. but i still love the strat tone. so thats why i'd like both. but then an SG could get both types of tones pretty well and would be great. so i'm kinda stuck. and what about the amps?

Listen to meh for a sec. I'm not sure if you can get such a tone from a Strat, due to the woods the LP and Strat are made of, and their differences. With an HSS Strat (Humbucker-Single Coil-Single Coil) you can use the bridge for heavier stuff with more gain, and the neck pickup can be used for cleans and the like. No point getting two guitars just yet. The SG is a double humbucker, and I don't think it's as versatile as an HSS Strat, to be honest.

As for the amps, take me seriously. The Traynor is reaaaally nice. 2-channel with a footswitch. 50w all tube. Pretty powerful, y'know. I liked the Classic 30 when I tried it, but now that I have my amp and play on it quite a bit, I don't think the C30 can measure up to ze Traynor. If you want, check out the Traynor syndicate group. Ask a bunch of questions about it there and you'll see. There's a Traynor thread somewhere too.

EDIT: Here's the Traynor group - http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/traynor/
Ok, thanks. I played a JTM 60 at my friends gig last night, and it just blew my mind, it was insane. I think a plexi or a JTM would be best, i just want to stay around 300-500. I'll probably go with a used Traynor then. And I think I'll probably just but a new humbucker in the bridge of a used MiJ Strat. Any more suggestions are welcome though
Quote by darkstar2466