Buy a regular Cube?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
A better amp (not that the microcube is bad as a practice amp) would serve you much better.
R-Fier setting, maximum gain, moderate volume... Works well... Also played it with a Boss Distortion pedal, twas fine as well.
for rent
Quote by Gakusey
R-Fier setting, maximum gain, moderate volume... Works well... Also played it with a Boss Distortion pedal, twas fine as well.

Yeah, because _everyone_ likes the same tone as you.

Don't get me wrong, an EQ is a great investment. It's just that you'd probably benefit more from a better amp.
I actually ran my microcube through the PA at a band practise. Sounded surprisingly good, but I would still need an EQ.

Get an EQ.
I have a better amp, but I like to use the microcube when I'm on the go because it's easier to carry than my heavy tube amp (I have Peavey Valveking, so I also have to bring an array of pedals to get enough gain for metal)
It's a good investment for the future but I don't see why you really need it. I get great tones on my Pro Junior and it just has a volume and tone.
I had a MicroCube for a little while when I was stuck in an apartment situation. I found it to be absolutely useless without and EQ pedal (have a GE-7 that is junk too, but it made the MicroCube slightly more playable). Ultimately, the MicroCube isn't even remotely good compared to even cheaper, small SS amps. In general, the cheap modelling amps around nowadays aren't any good.