Page 1 of 2
if i wanted to start a band that was like techno but also had guitar playing lead riffs what would it be called?
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
gay
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by 6_Feet_Below
gay

this precisely
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
moby?
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
mindless self indulgence?

i think it would be called industrial. not too sure so dont quote me on that one
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Technometal?
Check the teaser clip on my profile of that
ohai little sig.
Cool. Techno is actually really sweet stuff, it's probly been done before but I've never heard of it. Sowee
Dumb
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
Kinda depends on the balance. Stabbing Westward is awesome, but they are more of a metal band with some techno layerings. Most people would call them industrial. Same with NIN/Manson.

A techno project that is heavy on the techno with some nasty guitar samples would still be, in my opinion, techno.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
It would be called 'a band' which is all that really matters anyway. Genres suck!

If it had a distorted guitar up front in the mix, it would probably be classed as some sort of 'rock' band, be it punk rock, heavy rock, progressive rock or whatever, regardless of what the backing is.
So I'd probably call it 'techno rock' or possibly what we used to call 'industrial.'
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 17, 2008,
thanks for those who were'nt being a bunch of jerks, i didnt ask what you thought of it, i asked what you thought it would be called. SlackerBabbath, your right, genres arent always good when they get stupid but they sometimes can help
(\__/)
(='.'=)Help the Bunny
(")_(")
mybandsuks, I hate to say this, cause I like your idea but....

indeed (and I take this from my personal experiences) there's a huge chance people would actually call it gay
Unless you really kick ass, then your the next big thing :P
Quote by pandora_grunt
mybandsuks, I hate to say this, cause I like your idea but....

indeed (and I take this from my personal experiences) there's a huge chance people would actually call it gay
Unless you really kick ass, then your the next big thing :P

Ever heard of Rammstein? You'd hardly call it gay but it's basicaly techno mixed with guitar and drums and a creepy sounding lyric sung in German.

Even though, when you translate some of their lyrics, they do look kinda gay sometimes.

Sehnsucht (Longing)

Let me ride your tear
over the chin to Africa
again in the lap of the lioness
where I once was at home
Between your long legs
I search for last year's snow
but there is no more snow there

Let me ride your tear
over clouds without happiness
the big bird pushes his head
gently back into his hideout
Between your long legs
I search for last year's sand
but there is no more sand there

Longing hides
like an insect
while asleep you don't notice
that it stings you
I'll never be happy anywhere
the finger slips to Mexico
but it sinks in the ocean
longing is so cruel
yes but Rammstein is a good band that kicks ass so people don't easily call it gay.

Though, yeah, the lyrics.... it's a good thing their in German :P
Quote by pandora_grunt
yes but Rammstein is a good band that kicks ass so people don't easily call it gay.

True, but then, any experimental band that the TS's put's together might be a good band that kicks ass.

Then you have to realise that this is only your opinion of what's good and what's not.
Many people may take one look at Rammstein and say say 'Ohh how gay!'....

Rammstein. Gay?

...but be perfectly moved by Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, who had a gay singer, a gay name and dressed up like women in their videos.
Rammstein was gay. Yep. I said it. Wicked guitar sound, but everything else sucked ass. One or two stock-standard sludgy riffs repeated over and over again with four and a half minues of "you hate.... you hate me.... you hate... you hate me.... " Yep. I do hate you. Move on. That's everything I hated about the 80's techno stuff too. Same repetitive motif, with four minutes of "this beat is technotronic... this beat is technotronic.... " or more recently, four and a half minutes of "I am the firestarter.... I am the firestarter.... I am the..." WTF??

Stabbing Westward ftw.

Oh, btw... yes, Queen > Rammstein.

EMF > Rammstein.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Last edited by axemanchris at Oct 19, 2008,
Slacker... Chris...

I totally feel I'm getting dissed or something, but... I really can't argue with what you both have to say haha XD
Quote by axemanchris
Rammstein was gay. Yep. I said it. Wicked guitar sound, but everything else sucked ass. One or two stock-standard sludgy riffs repeated over and over again with four and a half minues of "you hate.... you hate me.... you hate... you hate me.... " Yep. I do hate you. Move on. That's everything I hated about the 80's techno stuff too. Same repetitive motif, with four minutes of "this beat is technotronic... this beat is technotronic.... " or more recently, four and a half minutes of "I am the firestarter.... I am the firestarter.... I am the..." WTF??

Stabbing Westward ftw.

EMF > Rammstein.

CT

Although you are correct, Rammstein isn't a guitar based band, it is more about the lyrics and the techno syncs.

Richard Kruspe = Hot
Du Hast = Worst of their songs that shouldn't have been the one that got them famous.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Quote by axemanchris

Stabbing Westward ftw.

EMF > Rammstein.

CT

Yeah I agree, and what was that other one?
'I live.... I live.... I live.... for the weekend.'
Quote by Retro Rocker
This is a very homosexual thread.
Yet not only did he visit, he came back. Are you trying to tell us something RetroRocker.

I'm with 12345abcd3 - what does it matter what it's called. Isn't the point to break out of the box not try to find one to fit into?

This thread is lame, but unlike some I won't be back.
Si
i know im late but, i reckon it would be called techno rock or techno metal or just techno, depending on how prominentht e guitar is. Vermintide has something similar goin on on his profile. Try PM'ing him and deciding on a name

At the end of the day though, genre labelling sucks monkey pirat balls. If people spent more time worrying about the music they mak, rather than the genre they fit into then we would be much better off. I mean ffs, look at metal
Quote by jimmy_neutron
If people spent more time worrying about the music they mak, rather than the genre they fit into then we would be much better off. I mean ffs, look at metal

Now THERE is a loaded statement....

And true, having to label stuff that is conventionally considered an art form does kinda suck. However, it is not only music... it is the music business. If you want to participate in the music business, it is all about defining target markets, product placement, niche markets, global markets, etc., which ALL require that your product fit into a category. If it doesn't fit anywhere, it can't be sold.

"What's this thing? Do I put it in the toothpaste aisle, or do I put it in housewares... or do I put it in the seafood section?"

...customer comes in..... looks in cleaning supplies.... doesn't find it.... leaves

Get the idea?

CT

Oh, and okay.... I'll concede that maybe I haven't given Rammstein a fair shake. Really, that one song put me off them enough that I haven't pursued any of their other material. I just made the (admittedly sometimes erroneous) assumption that since the song was far and away their biggest hit, that it must be one of their better ones.

CT

Quote by axemanchris
Oh, and okay.... I'll concede that maybe I haven't given Rammstein a fair shake. Really, that one song put me off them enough that I haven't pursued any of their other material. I just made the (admittedly sometimes erroneous) assumption that since the song was far and away their biggest hit, that it must be one of their better ones.

CT

Me and some other Rammstein fans see Du Hast as their worst song. Check out stuff from Herzeleid or Mutter.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Ok first off, when they said gay, i have a feeling that they didn't mean Homosexual. so the point that everyone likes queen (R.I.P. Freddie) is kinda pointless..

and the reason why everyone will put music in a box and classify it is because everyone is an expert. everyone has their favorite band they they are elitist about just because they have heard their no. 1 hit on the radio the other day. not very many people will do the same for other arts such as painting or sculpting because not very many people care.

usually if you say Van Gough, everyone knows who you mean, but they don't know any of his works and they what know what "genre" he would fit into. Why? Because they just don't give a shit. But if you say Led Zeppelin or AC/DC everyone will go "hell yea, they kick ass!!!1!!one!!" and will be able to rattle off a few names of songs, and maybe even band members names etc.

Although i spose music and art are very similar in some ways, eg, some people get pleasure out a painting that some big pro painter did, that when I look at it, i think, "jesus, a 3 year old could do that, and these guys are paying money for it?"
And the same goes for music, personally, Rap and Hip Hop arn't really my thing because in my opinion a 7 year old who just learnt what rhyme is will always go off and rhyme words together for a bit of fun.

so while we as musicians may not really care about different genres, they will always be there because every average Joe is an expert in music.
and i spose it does help for describing what you sound like..
Who decided that pie would be sold on Tuesday but not Wednesday?
Quote by mybandsuks_15
if i wanted to start a band that was like techno but also had guitar playing lead riffs what would it be called?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGRRRRRGGG!!!!"
you should call the band that
Brigardier of the Seven String E.R.G. Legion
Fiddles
Ibby RG7321 lundgren M7 bridge, blaze7 neck
Ibby AX7521
Ibby RT452
Ibby RGIR20FE
Peedahls
I'll get back to you.
Heeds
Crate GT3500h
Sunn Concert PA
Crabs
Peavey 2x12
Last edited by highlordmugfug at Oct 20, 2008,
a whole bunch of fags dancin' around on stage in twisted sister-style outfits.
Pendulum? thats a good original band name
Gibson SG
Ibanez RGR420ex
Marshall JTM30
Slash SW95 Crybaby
Boss DS1/DD7
Digitech Bad Monkey

Depends on how it sounds. A lot of electronic groups have some guitar on their records. A lot of guitar groups have drum machines and samples. It's a blurry line.
Doesn't Buckethead incorporate a lot of techno stuff into his guitarplaying?
Techno?.. Trance?

There is no actual name. Would it be metal guitar parts? or rock?
Page 1 of 2