My phone broke, and Im going to bid tonight on a blackberry pearl on ebay. I have never bidded on ebay before but already have an account. I was thinking the best thing to do is probably wait till there are about 2 mins left in the bid and then bid on it, but Im not sure how much I should up the price from the previous bid, I dont want to too much, but enough so i will win it. Any suggestions?
Wait until the last 2 minutes, then just bid until it gets to where you think it's too much.
If it becomes too much, go find another one to bid on.
You're not brutal.

(click the smiley!)

you cant actually know if you're gonna win it because the person before you could have theoretically bidded thousands
Unless the USes ebay is far inferior to ours (assuming you live there of course :p), just put in your absolute max and leave it, ebay should automagically increase your bid in small increments to that number, making you pay as little as possible to beat other bidders, up to a max of what you put in.
I'm so unique I don't even have a sig.
Quote by purplegreendave
Unless the USes ebay is far inferior to ours (assuming you live there of course :p), just put in your absolute max and leave it, ebay should automagically increase your bid in small increments to that number, making you pay as little as possible to beat other bidders, up to a max of what you put in.

This. But the last ten seconds so anyone else bidding will have to be real fast to react.
My meh gear:
ESP LTD MH-400NT
Peavey Raptor Plus EXP
Digitech RP90
Digitech Bad Monkey
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi (WTS)
Crate GT15 (SHIT)

GAS:
Peavey 6505 112 combo
MXR 10-band EQ
Ibanez TS-9
Boss HR-2
Compressor (open to suggestions)
If it's going for 100, and u bid 150. Somebody bids AFTER you for 120... your big goes to 122.

So when there are 30 seconds left put in your top bid
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
I'd say wait until the last 15 seconds or so, then bid up like 2 dollars at a time, until you're the leading bidder.
Press the bid button when there is 10 seconds left, make sure you go one dollar above the last bidder.
Quote by hostilekid
shadesofanger, you're my hero.

Quote by GoldenBlues
So I was wondering, are black people capable feeling love? I mean can their brains comprehend that kind of emotion, or are they not programmed that way.
Put in the absolute most you want to pay when there are 10 seconds or less left in the auction. You can also use a snipe service like http://www.esnipe.com if you aren't going to be around or are lazy or don't trust your internet or whatever. Personally I use esnipe with it set on 4 seconds.
Quote by jimtaka
Put in the absolute most you want to pay when there are 10 seconds or less left in the auction. You can also use a snipe service like http://www.esnipe.com if you aren't going to be around or are lazy or don't trust your internet or whatever. Personally I use esnipe with it set on 4 seconds.

Dude

That is ****ing cheating