I've been reading a lot about Norse Mythology lately, which is a subject that always fascinated me. I would like to read the original text rather than Wikipedia though, is there some sort of Bible of Norse Mythology? I read something about the Eddas, but I'm not sure if that's what I'm looking for. Thanks.
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Quote by freedoms_stain
Read Thor comics.

io wank during thunder srtoms and pretend im thor!
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
old edda is the 'bible', and theirs poetic edda which is more stories
Quote by cliff_em_all
I wank during thunder storms and pretend im Thor!

sigged....sigged with all my might
DOWN WITH THIS SORT OF THING
and
CAREFUL NOW

No man needs a holiday more than the man who has just had one.
Quote by Zolom
sigged....sigged with all my might

thank you for my like ermm....

perfection? kiim rather drunkd and i dont want to sound lime an ass but or corrected me!
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
yeah i corrected it because im not having bad spelling/drunk spelling in my sig damnit!
im obsessive that way.

But anyway, to TS. So far whats your favourite story been? Or your favourite Aesir/Monster?
and
CAREFUL NOW

Well, I really liked the Fimbulwinter part, it was a fresh story after having heard the same doomsday predictions from every other religion. And the Thor wanking story has now become one of my favourites as well. But I don't know yet, haven't read them all . So the classic Edda is what I'm looking for?
Look!

Learn how to spell, grammar is your friend

Member #11 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.

Blues player of the Laney Cult
Subscribe to Questia and check out everything they have to offer on the subject. I'd give you some book names but I'm pretty drunk and I don't have any of my Mythology books on me.

For now, though, I'd say wiki has quite a bit of information on Norse Mythology's history, but not too many stories.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
For some reason ive always liked the idea of Jörmungandr. Never been sure why. Some of the predictions given for Ragnarök are pretty wild.
and
CAREFUL NOW

there are books with legends, all in all thats what all is supposed to be, legends

yeah, not so sure that was what he was asking. As with all cultures a codification of beliefs and customs in accordance with those belifes is considered a holy book. A general term for these books is "bible" (lower case) which means (contextually) "holy books". No need for an etymological battle, but really the question he asked deserves a fair answer, not some thirteen year old quabbling about their ignorant interpretation of books that were historically NOT JUST VIEWED AS BOOKS OF LEGENDS. If you sat through some sort of history class, instead of playing bass* snicker * you would know that.

By the way the answer you are looking for is that the Eddas and most of the other norse mythology has been translated into a bunch of books (as have most other philosophical and mythological texts) The question is what translation is the best.

For free http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/poe/
i enjoy head
Wagner's Die Nierbelung de Rings or whatever it's called. That's a nice dose of Norse mythology. It's an opera.
Heres an interesting snippet, if you want a norse version of your name, just turn it backwards and say it deep and loud like a viking:

bob farrell > Llerrefbob!!
Garci > Icrag!!

Have a nice day.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
You should be able to pick up a copy of the prose Edda or the poetic Edda quite easily. The prose Edda is the one to get if you want it in story and not poem form. They are a collection of Nordic stories that had previously been passed on as an oral tradition. They were written down in Iceland in the 16th or 17th century i think. They give something of an overview of the whole Nordic mythology.

There are other books too, but i can't name any specifically. I've read part of the prose Edda and it's very interesting but a little slow and hard to get through.
Quote by bob farrell
Heres an interesting snippet, if you want a norse version of your name, just turn it backwards and say it deep and loud like a viking:

bob farrell > Llerrefbob!!
Garci > Icarg!!

Have a nice day.

Sounds kinda icelandic.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Sounds kinda icelandic.

Whats that Iasnek!! Have your wench bring some more mead!! Then, we do Battle!!!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
Quote by bob farrell
Whats that Iasnek!! Have your wench bring some more mead!! Then, we do Battle!!!!

God damnit why can't I go one post without being called to battle?

Very well then, steel yourself!
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Akridosity
Is Trogdor a myth?

Yes it's just a Song.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
not just a song...but a dragon man
and
CAREFUL NOW

Essentially, the fact which is most relevant to Norse mythology is that whenever Thor swings his hammer, a rain of puppy-seeking rocket powered chainsaws pours from the sky.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
Essentially, the fact which is most relevant to Norse mythology is that whenever Thor swings his hammer, a rain of puppy-seeking rocket powered chainsaws pours from the sky.

Quieten down Suiram Dam!! Do you see this axe? Even with this puny axe I crushed the skull of Iasnek!! Do you wish to do battle also!! Youre blood will stain my axe just as his HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Where is my Wench?!! Bring me some Mead!!
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Quote by Rabid
There are links to the Eddas at the bottom of the Wiki pages about them. They are what you want to read, particularly the Prose Edda.