Ok i know the pit is a horrible place to ask for advice, but im in dire need.

the situation:
My high school homecoming is saturday night (where i live, that's two more nights from now) and basically my friends and i are gonna go get dinner, go to the homecoming dance, and then head back to one of my friend's house to spend the night.

I'm currently single, so I was going to do what i normally do at most school dances that i go to- talk/socialize with people, and pretend that i know how to dance by standing with a huge group of people and just kind of move around so it'll look like i'm dancing.

But 5 minutes ago one of my friends called me (she's a girl) and started talking to me about the dance. i said i was going and so she said something to the amount of "awesome! we should dance together!" O_O

I have no idea how to dance. Literally no idea. I cannot dance for my life

So i need suggestions, basically how i should dance with her and how i should act at the dance so i dont come off as a freak, and so i don't seem too "distant" (you know when you try to "play it cool" but you end up seeming like your high and have no idea whats going on)

tl;dr: A girl said she wants to dance with me at my high school's home coming and i have no idea how to dance
Get drunk

It'll come naturally
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
Don't sweat it,girls don't really care if you can dance or not.Just play it cool and go with flow...or you could always try imdeth's idea...
Quote by xxplaguesxx
dont dance.

Light a blunt.

haha but thats what we're gonna do at my friends house after the dance
Quote by meepadeep
haha but thats what we're gonna do at my friends house after the dance

haha dammmn stright ;D
S m 0 0 k e w e e d & Live life bro.

um. i somehow got through my senior prom without knowing how to dance.....

wait, nvm that. my old boss taught me how to dance.

imagine: two guys, at roughly 6 am, covered in cow crap/iodine/corn dust/straw (i milked cows) slow dancing. awkwardly. i'm so glad nobody else was there.
Quote by Skierinanutshel

imagine: two guys, at roughly 6 am, covered in cow crap/iodine/corn dust/straw (i milked cows) slow dancing. awkwardly. i'm so glad nobody else was there.

Sounds hot, video please.
Rawr! I'm a dinosaur
Quote by freedoms_stain
Grab her by the buttcheeks and grind your crotch into her.

Works every time.

Every.

Time.

Pretty much yeah
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
put your hands on her ass and suppress your erection
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
^ is that what grinding is?

sorry im such a noob to this but honestly have no idea how to dance :-P
Hold her hips, look her in the eye, tell her she looks beautiful in that dress and let the good times roll
Quote by meepadeep
other suggestions please?

Put on some Metallica and thrash like a maniac. You don't need to know anything to look good moshing.

Or alternatively try some hardcore dancing

Seriously, I hate dancing and have nothing to contribute.