Some guy off CL emailed me today and offered me his Line 6 Spider Bogner Tube 2x12 for my Hellraiser.

a good deal? i was looking for a new amp, and the effects= versatile..plus it has V30s

i paid $575 for my Hellraiser and got some good use out of it, so whatcha think?

then i can sell my 5150 for cash to buy an epi lp custom or some other guitar

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Last edited by jcp42877 at Oct 16, 2008,
i wouldn't go for another amp if you already have a 5150. the line 6 would be a downgrade.
It's a pretty good trade I'd say. If anything the amp is more expensive than the guitar. Expect flaming though, I think the Spider Valves are great but they're pretty unpopular because everybody thinks they're hybrids.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
...so you plan to give away your hellraiser to get a Line 6 Spider Valve, when you already have a 5150
that seems like an epic fail, imo.
well i had a Flextone and it was pretty good, and can't you SEE the tubes in it to clearly tell it's a tube amp?

i mean, it's pretty simple

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
well, it is a tube amp but a modeling tube amp, and when i played it guitar center i didn't hear a difference from the Spider 3's....
Quote by Ghold125
...so you plan to give away your hellraiser to get a Line 6 Spider Valve, when you already have a 5150
that seems like an epic fail, imo.

i am moving away from playing such harsh music.

i WAS looking at a peavey XXX or jcm 800/900

so i dont really want the 5150s pure gain.

and it hisses bad

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by stradivari310
I think the Spider Valves are great but they're pretty unpopular because everybody thinks they're hybrids.

That's because they are hybrids...

And I'm not saying they suck because I actually really liked the Spider Valve when I tried it

As far as the trade goes, does it come with the footswitch? Because if it does, that's definitely a good trade. If not, it's about equal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Ghold125
well, it is a tube amp but a modeling tube amp, and when i played it guitar center i didn't hear a difference from the Spider 3's....

+1

It isn't really all that different imo from the spider. It's like running a POD through a tube amp. The modelling kind of takes over. I'd rather have the Schecter
^

well i was planning on buying a POD XT live to run through my 515o because i wanted better cleans and an overdrive that wasnt so "rough" for everything i covered

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by jcp42877
^

well i was planning on buying a POD XT live to run through my 515o because i wanted better cleans and an overdrive that wasnt so "rough" for everything i covered

Exactly, I've heard some awesome tones from a POD into a tube amp, I don't see how that is bad
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Seems like you need to sell your 5150 and just buy a solid, versitile amp. I think for the price of a SV, there are better amps.
true, but even though i havent played it, it seems win win so far. because i was planning on selling my 5150 to get cash for a decent head, or trade it WITH some cash for a head, but then, i'd need a nice cab, one with V30s since ive heard theyre so great. well the cab would've been $350+. and i also wanted a multi effects pedal for little tweaks here and there.

from what ive read, the SV 2x12 has 40w of all tube (more than id need, even for gigging), V30 speakers, comes with casters, a built in tuner, built in effects, solid distortion it looks like, and i dont have to fork over any extra cash

the only flaw i can think of is the Sovtek tubes..might need to switch em to JJs

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Hey man, Ever think of just running some pedals in front of that 5150? I mean, if you get a overdrive your gonna get better tighter distortion. If you get a noise reduction you'll get rid of all the white noise. And maybe an eq to make it amazing.

Just my input, but if you get the spidervalve, it seems to me like it would be a downgrade, I have played them before and they just sound like louder spider 3's.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker

^

good input. Pedals were actually on my purchase agenda a while back, i was planning on an ISP Decimator & Ibanez TS-9

but those would cost me near $200, i can get a pod xt live for that off my local CL

and ive heard even with the BEST of noise pedals, the 5150 has fizz that wont go away

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Well it is what the 5150 is known for, fizz. But, im sure with the proper eq'ing you can get rid of most of it, are you gigging? I would recommend, an ISP deciamtor, a bad monkey(i prefer these over ts-9's because you have a seperate high and low knob), and some form of an eq, like a fish and chips or the mxr to band depending on your budget.

The line 6 pod is good, but to get real tube overdrive tone and all that, you need to stay away from digital modelling.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Coming soon: Egnater Tweaker