Page 1 of 4
Considering 68 Americans die on average per year from terrorism, we spend $168 billion, yes $168,000,000,000 each year on fighting "terrorism," and 450,000 Americans die from heart disease, and we spend $3 billion on this each year, I was wondering, do you think terrorism is overblown in terms of how much a "national threat" and "problem" it is? Just turn on the TV, i guarantee you will see something about "terrorism," or "terrorists." Don't get me wrong, I think terrorism is a problem we must plan to solve, but when peanut allergies are killing twice as many people each year in America, do you think it should be near the top of the budget?

And I got all the information from C-Span, currently the most un-biased news source on TV, so please don't bombarde me with "SOURCE" "SOURCE!" "SOURCE!!!." Because you would refute it anyways.
Last edited by EnemyWolf at Oct 16, 2008,
Maybe the average number of deaths is so low because of the money spent on it? Just a thought.
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
One could argue that the reason "only" 68 compared to 450 000 americans die every year is because the money put into it. Put no money into fighting terrorism = more deaths.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Psychopathology
Maybe, they are *gasp* making a scapegoat?!?! GJ on that realization.

Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Hmmm, someone just watched Zeitgeist.
Quote by red18420
There is no point except party and be healthy and happy. Also money is not something to live for. If i didnt need money for drugs and beer i would give mine away.

Vote here to help me get to BC!
just think at Irak
they said there was nuclear bomb , false
but us army is still there

this war is just to control petrol
also, perhaps fighting terrorism is simply more expensive. Ie: it may take $10 to make progress on fighting heart disease, and $100 to make progress on fighting terrorism. ($ amounts and "making progress" completely arbitrary. duh.)
Nice pun in the thread title.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
yes
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Groll you're a bloody genius

Quote by a6l6e6x1
wow
im "talking" to the future greatest director in the world
PRIVELAGED

member #9 of "The Beatles really are the greatest

Metal Face productions! watch our movies!
http://www.metalface.tk/
We ourselves are terrorists. It all depends on which side of the fence you're on.
Probably because, whether or not they're right, they'll sound like a dickhole if they don't fund anti-terrorism, and they will have bad publicity... the shittieness of politics...
Maybe thousands of innocent deaths in the matter of a few hours as a direct result of one group's hatred toward another does not matter to some people, but to others it is considered an atrocity and must be fought socially, politically, and financially.

But apart from that it really doesn't matter all that much.
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by GettintheLedout
also, perhaps fighting terrorism is simply more expensive. Ie: it may take $10 to make progress on fighting heart disease, and $100 to make progress on fighting terrorism. ($ amounts and "making progress" completely arbitrary. duh.)

Ok that means terrorism should cost about 56x what heart disease costs.
Quote by Kensai
One could argue that the reason "only" 68 compared to 450 000 americans die every year is because the money put into it. Put no money into fighting terrorism = more deaths.

This.

And, Terrorism has a much larger possibility of hurting americans. Heart disease may kill more people right now...but if someone sends a nuclear bomb at us that'll make up the numbers. I would rather not have 100,000 more people die from terrorism that wouldn't hav died from heart disease, then the opposite. Just my thoughts.
Quote by NemX162
We ourselves are terrorists. It all depends on which side of the fence you're on.

Terrorist:
One who utilizes the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives, while disguised as a civilian non-combatant. ...

I don't remember doing any of that, but I have alot of memory gaps during the weekends.
Quote by Kensai

Kensai just owned this thread.
Maybe terrorism is that low because of the amount of money spent on it.
Quote by tehwoopah
just think at Irak

I also love grammatically incorrect arguments cause who could compete with a 12 year old idiot who can't spell?
Does being successful truly make you a sell out? Can't you do your own original music and be successful because of it?
Quote by Kensai
Terrorist:
One who utilizes the systematic use of violence and intimidation to achieve political objectives, while disguised as a civilian non-combatant. ...

I don't remember doing any of that, but I have alot of memory gaps during the weekends.

Gotta put down the bottle...
Quote by Kensai
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Terrorism is a threat, but if you think about it, it is simply the only option available to them when it comes to fighting, after all, they don't have thousands of tanks, thousands of planes, or the money to fuel them, so they fight in the only way they can.
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by Boogie Man at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by Flariduh
This.

And, Terrorism has a much larger possibility of hurting americans. Heart disease may kill more people right now...but if someone sends a nuclear bomb at us that'll make up the numbers. I would rather not have 100,000 more people die from terrorism that wouldn't hav died from heart disease, then the opposite. Just my thoughts.

I don't think any terrorists are going to be launching nukes any time soon. What you are talking about is a war, not terrorism.
Quote by herby190
Gotta put down the bottle...

Never!

Quote by EnemyWolf
I don't think any terrorists are going to be launching nukes any time soon. What you are talking about is a war, not terrorism.

Clearly you haven't been playing enough CoD 4.

I wouldn't rule anything out.
Quote by SAINTJIMMY9999
I also love grammatically incorrect arguments cause who could compete with a 12 year old idiot who can't spell?

My argument was grammatically incorrect? Point some errors out please.
terrorism is BS..

its just different opinions of life/religion/government..

i mean.. yes people do terroristic things... but i believe both sides (in americas case) are wrong and both sides are terrorists
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by EnemyWolf
My argument was grammatically incorrect? Point some errors out please.

He wasn't quoting your post

Quote by Early Cuyler
terrorism is BS..

its just different opinions of life/religion/government..

i mean.. yes people do terroristic things... but i believe both sides (in americas case) are wrong and both sides are terrorists

It doesn't matter what side you're on. There's a definition for terrorism (see my above post) and if you fall into that category, you're a terrorist.
Because heart disease doesn't have an AK-47 and a bunch of friends who also have AK 47's
Get a Carvin. Do it.
Last edited by ferretface at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by tehwoopah
just think at Irak

QFT

Quote by Hanzi_G
Nice pun in the thread title.

+1
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kensai
He wasn't quoting your post

My bad then, I knew he wasn't talking to me, but when he said "the argument," I thought he meant the argument at hand, aka this topic.
Quote by Kensai

It doesn't matter what side you're on. There's a definition for terrorism (see my above post) and if you fall into that category, you're a terrorist.

I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but a lot off the stuff conventional armies do constitutes an act of terrorism if we use that definition
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by SAINTJIMMY9999
Maybe thousands of innocent deaths in the matter of a few hours as a direct result of one group's hatred toward another does not matter to some people, but to others it is considered an atrocity and must be fought socially, politically, and financially.

But apart from that it really doesn't matter all that much.

But the preventable deaths of millions upon millions of people (AIDS should also be put into the debate) isn't an atrocity, and shouldn't be fought with the force equal to that of terrorism (which might I also add, the US is the largest supporter of terrorism both financially and politically).

Quote by RPGoof
Kensai just owned this thread.
Maybe terrorism is that low because of the amount of money spent on it.

Maybe it's not? Did I just own the thread as well?

They didn't spend this amount of money fighting "terrorism" until a decade ago and terrorism was just as much a threat (and the statistical American deaths due to terrorism was likely lower than it is now)....so, no, he didn't own anything.
Last edited by RockInPeaceDime at Oct 16, 2008,
Quote by Kensai

i agree.... i didnt take a side.

just said theyre both wrong and ARE BOTH terrorists.... in the Americas situation that is
Quote by King Twili
It's just me and Doris here ;_;

Quote by Zaphikh
Poops is the chat MC - but here we know him as Early Cuyler.

Free Downloads, Yo!
Quote by tehwoopah
just think at Irak

agreed.

There's a conspiracy that the bush administration invade Iraq and Afghanistan just to seize control of the oil there. I follow that conspiracy.
All for one and one for all.
Quote by ferretface
Because heart disease doesn't have an AK-47 and a bunch of friends who also have AK 47's

I'm trying to decide if I should put this in my sig...
Quote by angus_young_32
agreed.

There's a conspiracy that the bush administration invade Iraq and Afghanistan just to seize control of the oil there. I follow that conspiracy.

Yay conspiracy! Where do I put the C4?
Page 1 of 4