Here is a video of the Paul Green School of Rock Music "Best Of" show at the Trocadero in Philly. It's the group I was in (I go to the Fort Washington school in Pennsylvania) playing Sweet Child O' Mine. I play the bass, in case you were wondering. Tell me what you think.

(I know the sound quality isn't great, and you can't always hear the bass, but I think it still sounds fine altogether.)

Here It Is

EDIT: I just found that somebody from my School of Rock actually just posted a video of us playing Sweet Child O' Mine at our local show before playing at the Troc. Here you can here the bass much better, but most of the camera is focused on the singer. I am on the left.

Here it is
Last edited by maidenforce19 at Oct 16, 2008,
Perfect playing man. Perfect riff. And the solo is flawless. Bends are vibrato are nicely done. I didn't hear any mistakes. Great cover. And I love your tone.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979534
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by mothership
Perfect playing man. Perfect riff. And the solo is flawless. Bends are vibrato are nicely done. I didn't hear any mistakes. Great cover. And I love your tone.

c4c?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=979534

I was playing the bass, just incase because it sounded like you thought I was the one playing guitar lol.

Anyway, I really liked your recording. I've never heard the original before, but yours sounded really good. I especially liked the solo at the end. How did you record that, with a band, loops, all you, or what?
Oops. my bad. haha. Didn't read your post. sorry.. Lol.. ok, ill listen to it again. sorry

I downloaded a backingtrack from the net. It included the drums, bass and rhythm guitar. I recorded using line6 toneport ux1
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

I'm really impressed. You sound great. You've got very crisp, clear playing; not sloppy in the least bit. I'm trying to find something negative to point out so you can improve, but I'm having a little trouble.

Sorry I couldn't really offer constructive criticism. It sounds really polished.
Quote by Eggness
I'm really impressed. You sound great. You've got very crisp, clear playing; not sloppy in the least bit. I'm trying to find something negative to point out so you can improve, but I'm having a little trouble.

Sorry I couldn't really offer constructive criticism. It sounds really polished.

Thanks a lot. But you do know I was the one playing the bass, right? Cause the other guy thought I was the guitar player, and while I do think I did a good job (if I do say so myself), you can't really hear the bass that well in this video. But all together it's good.
Yeah, I knew you were playing the bass. I could probably come up with a few criticisms for the guitarists. I was listening through headphones so I could hear the bass pretty well. I'm pretty good at picking parts out of songs.
Quote by Eggness
Yeah, I knew you were playing the bass. I could probably come up with a few criticisms for the guitarists. I was listening through headphones so I could hear the bass pretty well. I'm pretty good at picking parts out of songs.

Oh, I should try that so I can hear it better. But anyway, the guitarist on the left that was playing the lead parts was actually really good and I thought was perfect. However, the guitarist on the right that was playing rhythm was terrible, but luckily you can't really hear him.
amazing man the song was really tight not sloppy at all and the bass playing was pretty much flawless from what i could tell, the only crit i could give is not even on the playing but i thought the stage presence could of been a little better, while it wasnt bad it still could be improved on, mainy by the singer though
Great cover. Vocal work was very good, I don't think I've seen a closer vocal cover. And where in the Philly area do you live? I'm in Voorhees (near Cherry Hill)
Slipknot Fan.

Thanks, but I'm not God. If I were God, 3/4 of you would be girls, and the rest would be pizza and beer. –Axl Rose
Quote by shadowkid33
Great cover. Vocal work was very good, I don't think I've seen a closer vocal cover. And where in the Philly area do you live? I'm in Voorhees (near Cherry Hill)

I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia near Willow Grove. Cherry Hill was one of the schools playing at that show because it was for the School of Rock Best Of show. I go to the Fort Washington one, and the people playing with me on stage were from there.

And my stage presence I agree could be improved, but that was the first time I was on a stage like that (it was the Troc so it was HUGE) and I was kind of nervous. Also, it's hard to get into it if the rest of your band isn't. I'm really into metal so when I play on smaller stages I usually have a lot of stage presence (headbanging and stuff), but the guitarist there never goes crazy (he just happens to be in my band too), neither does the rhythm guitarist, the drummer is 10, and the singer is just weird lol.
lol...Taylor Horvat...seems funny to me cause Taylor is an english name but Horvat is an Slovenian surname.
loved the cover!
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
lol...Taylor Horvat...seems funny to me cause Taylor is an english name but Horvat is an Slovenian surname.
loved the cover!

Haha thanks. That girl was around 10 years old I think, so she did a good job.