I do not know about ESP guitars at all, so from personal experience and professional opinions you may have seen, how good are ESP guitars? And how good is their subsidary LTD?
ESP: Good quality, but are way op imo...
LTD is a little different,
Lower then the 400 series, not so great quality control, and sound.
400/600 nice guitars, a good step up from the lower models
1000, can match that of ESP with a lower cost. The only turn off for some is all the binding.
ESPs are great guitars...if you have the money. I own an LTD M200 FM and it's a great guitar. I played it's ESP counterpart and it's soooo much better but soooo much more money. But LTD's are good, but not as good.
" When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix
In my opinion, everything in the 400 series and higher is great. I love LTD guitars.
~3.6 billion years of evolutionary progress have led to this post~
Quote by holyflyingpenis
buy a samick. better than esp

..... Joking perhaps?

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by MakeItWitChu
..... Joking perhaps?

nah troll.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
nah troll.

Yep, he's trolling everywhere.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Quote by Ghold125
ESP: Good quality, but are way op imo...
LTD is a little different,
Lower then the 400 series, not so great quality control, and sound.
400/600 nice guitars, a good step up from the lower models
1000, can match that of ESP with a lower cost. The only turn off for some is all the binding.

No.

Standard series ESP's are handmade in the custom shop, they're just not "custom" because you're not getting THE best woods or a hand carved body. You can't tell me that a guitar made on a factory line is "just as good, but cheaper." Are they great guitars for what they cost? Absolutely. Does LTD = ESP? Not in any way, shape, or form.

But TC like I stated LTD's are great guitars for what they cost. If you can save up and get an ESP though, I can tell you from many side by side comparisons you will have a much better instrument and honestly IMO the ESP's (not LTD's) that I've played have been worth about $500 more than what they were selling for. Absolutely great guitars, I'm picking one up as soon as I have the cash saved up (which is taking a long time ).
I have a LTD F-250, it's pretty cheap but it's a good guitar and i really it even if there's much better in the esp/ltd brand, try them out, try to get in the -400 series, they're worth it.
Well what about their basses? Like, for instance, does anyone know if the Tom Araya bass is good? I've found reviews for all the LTD ones (the 600 and 200) and heard it wasn't that good, but what about the ESP one? I haven't found any reviews for that one.
As an owner of both an LTD and an ESP I can say the ESP feels MUCH nicer and the build quality is solid as a rock. The LTD is equaly well built but doesn't have the same feel to it.
So whats he differece between ESP and LTD? Is LTD the affordable version - in the vein of epiphone/squire ect?
LTD = Assembly line
ESP = Handmade

我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by maidenforce19
Well what about their basses? Like, for instance, does anyone know if the Tom Araya bass is good? I've found reviews for all the LTD ones (the 600 and 200) and heard it wasn't that good, but what about the ESP one? I haven't found any reviews for that one.

I still ask the same
Quote by maidenforce19
I still ask the same

ask in the bass forum.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
LTD is not a subsidiery of ESP like Epiphone is to Gibson. LTD is just a lower priced line from the exact same company...ESP. A basic education in marketing will tell you why companies do this, not to sound like a douche, but just to clear up this misconception a bit.
I've got both an ESP Eclipse II and an ESP LTD EC-1000 and they are both fantastic guitars. No real clear cut deffinition as to which is "better", only that they are both different and both awesome.
Last edited by DeanESPJackson at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by maidenforce19
But then I have to make a WHOLE NEW THREAD!!!

but you'll actually get answers that way
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by DeanESPJackson
LTD is not a subsidiery of ESP like Epiphone is to Gibson. LTD is just a lower priced line from the exact same company...ESP...
Thank you
我会关闭我的耳朵,和我的心; 我会变成一个石头
"I will close my ears and my heart and I will be a stone"
Quote by DeanESPJackson
LTD is not a subsidiery of ESP like Epiphone is to Gibson. LTD is just a lower priced line from the exact same company...ESP. A basic education in marketing will tell you why companies do this, not to sound like a douche, but just to clear up this misconception a bit.
I've got both an ESP Eclipse II and an ESP LTD EC-1000 and they are both fantastic guitars. No real clear cut deffinition as to which is "better", only that they are both different and both awesome.

Not really quite like that, ESP may be the main company but it's more like the Gibson Custom Shop to LTD's "rest of gibson".
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
I have an ESP LTD EX 400 i believe. Played loads of ESP's and LTD's, and i'd say that the 400+ versions of the LTD's are the best choice.

If you're a bigspender, and are gonna buy a "real" esp, then maybe you should look somewhere else - not because they are not good, but because that for the same price they take for ESP's, you could get Customized, handbuilt guitar right off the block, if you looked around abit.
Quote by DeanESPJackson

Jesus Crispies, I'm glad someone finally said something about that, there seems to be alot of douche-masters that spit that crap all the time.
My Setup:
Dean VMNT(Metallic Silver)
LTD DV8-R (Snow White)
Randall RG100sc
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by thesockmonster

Sarcasm: Killing any chance you ever had at scoring this guitar, since 1895.

THE TREND IS OVER!!!!