I have a passive pickup-wired guitar, and I like EMGs so I wanted a good EMG passive. Well my guitar teacher has an EMG Select Humbucker in his shop, and I wanted to know about it.
Gear:

2004 PRS Swamp Ash Special
Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
i have one, its a good pickup, sustains well, longer than any of my single coils anyways, its cleans are pretty good, sound as if they have reverb in the pickups themselves.
mine's an SEHG
what else do you want to know about it?
Quote by stratdud39
i have one, its a good pickup, sustains well, longer than any of my single coils anyways, its cleans are pretty good, sound as if they have reverb in the pickups themselves.
mine's an SEHG
what else do you want to know about it?

How good is it distorted? What's the output like?
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by burn the stars
why not the emg hz?

cause its horrible
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
Quote by burn the stars
why not the emg hz?

I don't care what, it's just my guitar teacher already has this one so we wouldn't have to order one, I just wanted to know what the one he has is like.
Gear:

Peavey Valveking 212
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Line 6 UX2
Quote by aeliustehman
How good is it distorted? What's the output like?

it hum cancels well when distorted, pretty clear, and the output is pretty high, you can get some good pinch harmonics with this pickup.
I got mine for $50, so it was definitely worth it, but if your going to pay $100, then its a jip, you could get a better one for that much.
It's in my sh!t $70 guitar kit guitar, so i dont use it that much, but since i noticed such a difference between the single coil that was origiannly in it and whats in it now, you'll probably notice more good things about it in your guitar.
don't waste your money. its not going to sound any better than any of your stock pickups. if you're going to go for passives look elsewhere (i.e. duncan, dimarzio, etc.).
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
I have these in the Steinberger Spirit that I bought recently. They sound decent, but I think the EMG-HZ's sound better.
You can get a EMG select new for 25 bucks at stewmac so anything more and your being ripped. But when it comes to pickups you dont get much for 25 bucks. Maybe a single coil but not a humbucker.