hey everyone, my first post. hope i dont make a fool of myself :P

alright, i have a Schecter C-4 bass and last night i was jammin with one of my buddies and i stepped on the cord and it pulled out of the jack. when i plugged it back in there was a terrible hum goin on and it hasnt stopped yet. Also when i bump my cord and the input jack moves a bit there is a loud popping noise. Is there any way i can get a new input jack or is it even my jack that is the problem?
please help.
thanks a lot.
This sounds like you've just loosened it in some way. Try tightening the little nut on the input jack. And in the future feed your cable through your strap and then into your jack. This will ever happen again if you do.
they are only cheap to get replaced and the parts cost nothing so just take it to a shop
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
thanks everyone, i tried a couple new cords and tightened the nut on the jack and that has not helped thus far. so i am planning on taking it to the shop this weekend to get a new input because i have no idea how to solder. thanks for all of your help.
i'm also gonna feed my cord thru my strap from now on to prevent this from happening again, thanks for the advice jazz_rock_feel
I highly recommend that you get a soldering kit and learn do it yourself. It really is an indispensable skill when you are a musician. Every person who plays an electric instrument should know how to solder.

Just my $.02.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
This sounds like you've just loosened it in some way. Try tightening the little nut on the input jack. And in the future feed your cable through your strap and then into your jack. This will ever happen again if you do.

This.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Lesson one :- always pass your lead/cord through your guitar strap.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn