Just wondering if anyone can help me with this!

Im currently undertaking a National Diploma in music techonology and despite the fact that we use Cubase at the college all I have at home is Sonar Cakewalk 4 (cant afford a copy of Cubase) and as a result I cant bring any session files home from college!

So if anyone knows of a place where I can download free unmixed session files, or if anyone has any session files that they themselves have recorded Id be extremely grateful if youd be willing to send them over to me. If anyone has any sound data and it hasnt been recorded on cakewalk the raw .Wav files would be good too.

If you reckon you can help let me know and Ill PM you my email addy/MSN for sending or you can upload it to yousendit or something!

Cheers Pit!
I've been here since '04.

See if you can save the sessions at your schools as OMF files. Then put that OMF file on a flashdrive or dvd, whatever you can use to get it home, then on Cakewalk there should be an option to import OMF data or session data, something along those lines. It will keep the track names, positions and tempo of the song.
Quote by TimelessMemory
See if you can save the sessions at your schools as OMF files. Then put that OMF file on a flashdrive or dvd, whatever you can use to get it home, then on Cakewalk there should be an option to import OMF data or session data, something along those lines. It will keep the track names, positions and tempo of the song.

Cheers for that Ill try it

Im a novice really, Ive only just started the course so even the simplest of things is amazing me atm aha

If anyone has any session files still feel free to send them across however as Im not in college until Monday!
I've been here since '04.

You could find a torrent of the program. But that's illegal. Who does that stuff anyway.
Also be careful when you do this and clear it with the school/teachers. It's considered copyright infringement to take someone else's work (the session) We aren't allowed to take sessions from my school home unless we tracked the band ourselves.