Poll: Which Trip?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Trip?
Band
43 54%
Robotics
37 46%
Voters: 80.
Well pit, here's the story. I have to choose between two school trips to go on seeing as they are both in the same week. One is for a competition for the robotics team at my school(we build it, then I, along with someone else drive it in a game of some sort.) and the other is a band trip for some kind of competition(I play the trumpetzorz). The robotics trip is for 5 days(I think Wednesday-Sunday) and the Band trip is only 3 days Friday-Sunday. If I do not go on the robotics trip, I cannot drive for two other trips that they have and I'm tempted by the fact that the band trip will be more fun seeing as they go to Bush Gardens for a day.(A theme park in Virginia)

This also got me thinking. This are the two things I am interested in majoring in when I go to college. If anyone could share some insight on the two subjects mainly Engineering/Computer Science or Technology in Music it would be greatly appreciated.
i say robotics

is that weird seeing how this is a music site?

idk, just robots are friggin awesome.
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
robotics dude...
My pedalboard is worth more than my car, but that doesn't say much for either.
well i'm an enigneering major and i'll tell you if thats what you wanna major in you better be good with calculus and physics.
robots are cooler though. A theme park would be fun but then you'll miss out on all the other trips and you'll regret it later. Also, Robots are cooler then band.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Bush Gardens sounds like the name of a lesbian bar.

This, hence go on the music trip, plus trumpet kicks ass man, I used to play too although I am trumpetless now
is the robotics thing F.I.R.S.T. by any chance? if so, go to that (i was in it for 2 years, robots=win)
Rock In Peace, Ronnie James Dio

my gear:
Charvel Model 4
Custom Superstrat w/ DiMarzios (under construction)
Peavey Vypyr
saving up for a better amp
Quote by freedoms_stain

+10000
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Quote by ImplementsSG
is the robotics thing F.I.R.S.T. by any chance? if so, go to that (i was in it for 2 years, robots=win)

YES! It's hella fun, but so are roller coasters... what team were you?
Quote by gamebreaker
YES! It's hella fun, but so are roller coasters... what team were you?

Team 180 from south Florida
Rock In Peace, Ronnie James Dio

my gear:
Charvel Model 4
Custom Superstrat w/ DiMarzios (under construction)
Peavey Vypyr
saving up for a better amp
Quote by freedoms_stain

haha
i say robotics, seems like itll be a better experiance for you
Quote by ImplementsSG
Team 180 from south Florida

Team 358, Hauppauge NY! The Robotic Eagles...bleh, don't really like the name...
DO you has girlfriend/boyfriend? If not, band. Every year, some couple gets caught having SEX on the bus. This year, 'twill be me!
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by VanCamp
DO you has girlfriend/boyfriend? If not, band. Every year, some couple gets caught having SEX on the bus. This year, 'twill be me!

No unfortunately, I might soon tho! I'll keep it in mind...
Band
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by gamebreaker
No unfortunately, I might soon tho! I'll keep it in mind...

Soon? **** that, go do it! GET SOME! YEAH! GET SOME!!
Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Band.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
Quote by gamebreaker
Bush Gardens for a day.(A theme park in Virginia)

being from Virginia, I can say that Busch Gardens is the shit and you should go there.
Quote by GNiCk89
The other day my girlfriend called me a pedophile.

I said, "Damn, that's a big-ass word for an 8 year-old."
Quote by slash16x
well i'm an enigneering major and i'll tell you if thats what you wanna major in you better be good with calculus and physics.

+1

This is why I switched majors
Last.fm
Quote by Weybl Himself
It's the Pit, every day is Dumbass Question Day
Quote by freedoms_stain
lol.
it's actually Busch Gardens, btw.

TS, the fact that the Robotics trip leads to 2 more should weigh fairly heavily.

and yeah, you should "combine them". lolololol. great pic!
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Robotics. It's awesome and if you want to be an engineer, robotics will most likely play a part in your career.

It's also a lot of fun. I had a robot competition on Wednesday, my group got second. It just had to follow a line and it also had to navigate around a square track with bumper switches.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
If 2 days of robots are as much fun as 1 day of roller coasters... and 1 day of no roller coasters with the band is the same amount of fun as 1 day of robots.....

2 days of robots = roller coaster

1 day of robots = 1 day of band

(2 days of robots) + (2 days of robots) = (Roller coaster) + (2 days of band)

4 days of robots = band

5 days of robots > band

If I was correct in assuming that 1 day of robots is the same amount of fun as 1 day of band, and that the roller coaster day of band was as much fun as two days of robots, the robots will be more fun.
Quote by kilbie
If 2 days of robots are as much fun as 1 day of roller coasters... and 1 day of no roller coasters with the band is the same amount of fun as 1 day of robots.....

2 days of robots = roller coaster

1 day of robots = 1 day of band

(2 days of robots) + (2 days of robots) = (Roller coaster) + (2 days of band)

4 days of robots = band

5 days of robots > band

If I was correct in assuming that 1 day of robots is the same amount of fun as 1 day of band, and that the roller coaster day of band was as much fun as two days of robots, the robots will be more fun.

+1

You may have just single handedly convinced me to go on the robotics trip. Thank you for everyone else's input. and btw, that picture of the robot trumpeter made me lol and I'll be showing it to my friends as soon as i get the chance.