Will I be satisfied with my tone for a while?
Will I be happy with my purchase, and will I not regret buying another amp?
I mean, it's $200.

I play jazz/funk/blues.
Quote by cratskomodo
Marshall MG :/

GTFO

What weren't you impressed with? For the price, they really can't be beat imo

EDIT: OH SHIT, my bad. I thought you were another guy suggesting an MG. apologies. Definetly an upgrade.
honestly, I have a Marshall MG and I tried a V50 last week, you can't get a decent tone at a reasonable volume, the MG sounded better at the lower volumes. V50 is so freaking loud. Or maybe I have a bastard child of an MG because I don't think its that terrible, it was one of the first MGs, maybe they made them better back then
Do you gig? It's a bit of overkill for just practice at home. But it should suit what you play very well. Since it is an "inexpensive" amp for a number of reasons, replacing the tubes and speaker down the road really helps these amps.
just keep in mind once you buy the amp you're stuck

literally

unless you're willing to take a giant loss(more than usual) on the amp through selling it

the v series depreciate way too fast. its like buying a kia
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.
I received my V33 2x12 last week... and I've only had it at decent volumes twice (LOUD!)... and the sound is just *mwah*...

Keep in mind I upgraded from a Vox AD30VT... and this is my first tube amp... But I'm really digging it so far.

The gain channel won't give you any "metal tones" unless you've got a distortion/gain/OD pedal... but still sounds great for blues rock, and the cleans are wonderful for jazz/funk/blues.
If you plan to play clean a lot, put a 12AT7 in the PI
I play mostly metal (love the Opeth =D)

If I get this amp and use it with my podxt, will I be satisfied? I probably wont gig much, mainly just for practice.
I'm a stupid jackass.
^No. It's not a kind of amp that I'd imagine running a POD through.

I wouldn't recommend any of the V's with a multi fx.
any amp you would suggest then? It obviously doesnt have to have many built-in effects.
I'm a stupid jackass.
A Roland Jazz Chorus.
That's 4 times more expensive than the v50... Anything for $180-$250?
I'm a stupid jackass.
Quote by killthekingx
That's 4 times more expensive than the v50... Anything for $180-$250?

You can find the used all day long for 3-400.

A 50 watt tube amp is not a viable option for home practice if you don't want to play loud.
Quote by imgooley
You can find the used all day long for 3-400.

A 50 watt tube amp is not a viable option for home practice if you don't want to play loud.

I'd get the V18 if that was the case. It's 149.99$.
UG's AC/DC Lover
Meh, whatever. If a person is going to be playing at low volumes and with a mfx, a tube amp isn't the best option.

I'm also gonna go out of left field and suggest an Epiphone Valve Standard and to ditch the pod for your playing styles.

Also: I'm not trying to make definitive suggestions; I'm merely making broad statements of viable options. If you want a tube amp for under 300, there aren't many good options, though there are a few diamonds in the rough. An AD series Vox might be your best bet. I know mine got me through fine with small gigs and low volume practice play.
Quote by imgooley
Meh, whatever. If a person is going to be playing at low volumes and with a mfx, a tube amp isn't the best option.

I'm also gonna go out of left field and suggest an Epiphone Valve Standard and to ditch the pod for your playing styles.

Also: I'm not trying to make definitive suggestions; I'm merely making broad statements of viable options. If you want a tube amp for under 300, there aren't many good options, though there are a few diamonds in the rough. An AD series Vox might be your best bet. I know mine got me through fine with small gigs and low volume practice play.

The VS is actually a pretty good idea (it has built in effects). You can bypass them too so they don't foul up your tone/
Okay, after researching a bit, I've decided the the best option for me is to just sell the podxt, get the v50 or the v33. I have a line 6 uber metal pedal that I could use with it. Now all I want to know is if it would give me the sound I want.

and I don't think it being too loud is a problem. I most likely will be using it at band practice, and probably playing a show later this year.
I'm a stupid jackass.
Quote by imgooley

AD series Vox amps are nothing close to being a tube amp. They just have a tube in the power section of the pre amp. I have never been impressed, sounds like a SS amp to me.
Quote by eurotrashed
AD series Vox amps are nothing close to being a tube amp. They just have a tube in the power section of the pre amp. I have never been impressed, sounds like a SS amp to me.

I never said it was, and the bolded section is worded very oddly.

It sounds good, regardless of the method of amplification. If you're a tube snob, then your a tube snob. Regardless, it's simple to go from jazz to blues to classic rock to death metal on the thing with a click of a button.
Quote by imgooley

I never said it was, and the bolded section is worded very oddly.

It sounds good, regardless of the method of amplification. If you're a tube snob, then your a tube snob. Regardless, it's simple to go from jazz to blues to classic rock to death metal on the thing with a click of a button.

You're recommending a solid state amp to someone that wants a tube amp... just because there is one tube in the Valvetronics, it is nothing close. I was playing a AD30VT, someone next to me was using a Fender tube amp and I tried dialing in his tone, I got no where near it. It sounded like my MG. I tried to get a classic rock crunch and it sounded like a solid state amp... If someone wants a tube amp, why recommend SS?

When ever they advertise the VT, they make it sound like its a tube power amp, then at the store i noticed its just part of the preamp, the rest of the pre amp is digital modeling nonsense. And it was described to me as a tube in the power section of the pre amp.
Quote by eurotrashed
You're recommending a solid state amp to someone that wants a tube amp... just because there is one tube in the Valvetronics, it is nothing close. I was playing a AD30VT, someone next to me was using a Fender tube amp and I tried dialing in his tone, I got no where near it. It sounded like my MG. I tried to get a classic rock crunch and it sounded like a solid state amp... If someone wants a tube amp, why recommend SS?

When ever they advertise the VT, they make it sound like its a tube power amp, then at the store i noticed its just part of the preamp, the rest of the pre amp is digital modeling nonsense. And it was described to me as a tube in the power section of the pre amp.

The tube is in a circuit completely separate from the pre amp.

Also: Tube snobs are tube snobs, and tone is subjective. I've never had trouble getting good tones from a Valvetronix, and it kicks the shit out of all other amps under $400 (new) in versatility and tone.

I recommend amps. Not based on the method of amplification, but on personal experience and on quality of product.

And if you couldn't dial in a good classic rock crunch on the VT, that was user error, not the amp. Sorry.
It all sounds like fake SS tones. No digital circuit can ever replicate a tube circuit. The VT lacks warmth and depth. Its just another SS amp
Quote by eurotrashed
It all sounds like fake SS tones. No digital circuit can ever replicate a tube circuit. The VT lacks warmth and depth. Its just another SS amp

Quote by killthekingx
I play mostly metal (love the Opeth =D)

If I get this amp and use it with my podxt, will I be satisfied? I probably wont gig much, mainly just for practice.

dude, start your own thread lol. it aint cool to hijack other's threads like this. THERE is where you will get better/more responses.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by mcrfobtai
What are you talking about? They are still on sale

What the ****.
I swear the price went up to $399.99 sometime last night.
Now it's back to $199.99.
Now worrys. And eurotrashed, please stop. gooly probably knows a hell of a lot more then you do. The VT's are great amps that can do a good classic rock crunch. Stop being such a tube snob, just because an amps is ss, doesn't mean it's bad. the best clean tone I've ever heard was from a Jazz Chorus. And Vetta's are amazing amps. At 400, he doesn't have the luxury of a trainwreck and the VT is an excellent option to consider. Don't get me wrong, I love tube amps and own two of them, but disregarding something because it is SS is idiotic.