i have been looking around for a long time, and i really cant find something good in my size for bedroom-minor gig playing [no stadiums just bars and little venues] i can probably spend 500 bucks max, and i want a good amp for metal, tube. i love players like buckethead and OLD children of bodom, the tone on their first 3 CD's was great, necrophagist. so im looking for something that can play real heavy stuff really. anythign will help. oh yeah i have a line 6 Spider 1 right now, so i really need your help.
Would you consider used gear? What major city do you live near? Markets vary by location.
i live in Connecticut so every major city here is close, and yes i would consider used gear if tis in good condition.
Quote by tona_107
Used 5150
Exactly what you need.

good call...no

great call, those amps are awesome
Quote by tona_107
Used 5150
Exactly what you need.

and where the F*** does one get a used 5150 for under 500?
good luck finding any kind of head with that much money. Best thing to do is save at least a grand and use what ya have 'till then. Or plan B (which is a quick fix) and go buy some new pedals. EQs and distortions, and compressors. Can get some decent brand names with the money you do have.

ohh yeah, tube amps all the way. I have a solid state masrshall and it just doesn't even compare to any tube amp. Though, it's cream colored so it makes up for that.
is $550 way too much for a 5150? when i see them on ebay they all real expensive.
Quote by Samuraig
is $550 way too much for a 5150? when i see them on ebay they all real expensive.

No that's about right, I have seen them mostly for $500 and up. Others may have seen it for less but I live on clist, bad GAS. I would check out that JTM30 I posted too. That's a good price for it as well.
Quote by gregs1020
No that's about right, I have seen them mostly for $500 and up. Others may have seen it for less but I live on clist, bad GAS. I would check out that JTM30 I posted too. That's a good price for it as well.

I agree with gregs more than I agree with myself to be honest, I didn't really pay attention to the fact that you wanted it for bedroom playing, and to be honest a 5150 has ridiculous wattage for that. The JTM is a great deal.

gregs - I've never seen that mesa in the link you provided, you know anything about it?
yah this guy is playing metal primarilly the JTM is a good amp but thats like recomending a VOX ac30 or fender DEvillle for trash or black metal, bad advice.
no dont get the JTM.
and for 500 you should have no problem finding a used 5150 combo ive seen them go for 400, or look at a new 6262 Bugera if you want more versaility and something new.
but 5150 are built like tanks and you shouldnt worry about there reliability issues or quality.
Last edited by THEKID546 at Oct 17, 2008,