I'm buying a new guitar this week, I was pretty set on the ESP ltd ex400. I just found a Washburn Scott Ian guitar. I know nothing about it just saw some stuff online, basically store info only no personal reviews. If you were to pick between those two which would you go with for quality, and for customer support(don't want to use that, but just incase) I play mostly metal(Atreyu, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold, etc) , and more rhythm than lead?

I had also looked at the Jim Root Tele, but it's about $900, that one is still on the list but on the edge for sure.
Last edited by Lucky7s at Oct 16, 2008,
I own a Washburn of similar caliber to the Scott Ian Washburn and I must say it is one of the finest guitars under $1000. Nice hardware, nice set neck and the Buzz Feiten Tuning system works nicely
Quote by Skierinanutshel
no vs. threads......

jk!

I was in your town last weekend

[/creepy comment]
Quote by Lucky7s
I'm buying a new guitar this week, I was pretty set on the ESP ltd ex400. I just found a Washburn Scott Ian guitar. I know nothing about it just saw some stuff online, basically store info only no personal reviews. If you were to pick between those two which would you go with for quality, and for customer support(don't want to use that, but just incase) I play mostly metal(Atreyu, Pantera, Avenged Sevenfold, etc) , and more rhythm than lead?

I had also looked at the Jim Root Tele, but it's about $900, that one is still on the list but on the edge for sure.

Scott Ian Washburn all the way. Definately the axe I'd go with.
http://www.washburn-parts.com
I love Washburn guitars, my X40 is really awesome and has great playability. Other Washburns i've tried are equally as awesome, I ain't tried the Scott Ian model but heck the specs sound awesome. I'd say choose between the Tele and the Washburn.
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
Well there are 2 Scott Ian Washburns ; WV540 VASI and SI60MW, which one ?
I like the 1st one, V type body, bloody violent look, S.Dunc & El Diablo pickups..
The washburn has 24 frets, that ESP has only 22

I would pick the washburn definitely