So here is my question today i made a short stop motion animation, and i would like to share it with the world, to the film, i recorded a short soundtrack for it, am i aloud to post the link to see if people like it (film and song)
or would that be considered spam?
if it is allowed were would be an ok place to post it
Last edited by khalil1220 at Oct 16, 2008,
If you arent making any commercial profit from it, then its ok, however if you want to promote it and start a thread about it, it probably would be labelled as spam.

Your safest bet would be to put the link in your sig, however, if you wrote the soundtrack yourself, you could probably ask for a crit on just the soundrack part over in riffs and recordings, and if ur lucky people might comment on the film part too
Quote by khalil1220
So here is my question today i made a short stop motion animation, and i would like to share it with the world, to the film, i recorded a short soundtrack for it, am i aloud to post the link to see if people like it (film and song)
or would that be considered spam?
if it is allowed were would be an ok place to post it
putting it as a link in your sig and/or in a blog would certainly be fine.

posting on the forums might be okay. it depends on the video.
is this you playing a cover tune or your own song?
Riff & Recordings, not the pit.

Is the video a tribute to commercial artist?
Bands & Artists, not the pit.

Is the music incidental and NOT the main focus of the video, and the reason you want post is to display this technique you learned for stop motion? The Pit. Be sure to explain in your OP a little about what you did to make this. If you can have some sort of discussion framed, this is good. The purpose for forums IS discussion.

A UGer posted a Pit thread about a year ago, linking to a claymation video he made. The thread was well received and the video was enjoyable.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
yeah basically if you're making a thread along the lines of "LOL LOOK WHAT I DID I'M SO AWESOME *LINK*" then it probably won't last long, but if you're sharing your video, looking for crits, and starting a discussion about your video/video making/stop motion techniques etc then it will probably be fine. keep in mind though, if the thread ends up filled with spam, we will close it either way.
from daylight...
...into darkness