I love the Tiny Terror out of the box, and I do like the Valve Jrs I have played with pedals. I can get a Valve Jr head and do the "Marshall mod" and add the VVR (Voltage something regulator, I forget, but it allows you to crank the tubes at lower volumes) and a few other mods and it would cost me no more than $200 bones. Or there is the Orange Tiny Terror which is badass out of the box and is switchable up to 15watts for gigging, but is it worth the extra $300? I'm not sure.
If you love the tiny terror you should get it, money was invented long ago so that we could buy guitars and gear.
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

That extra $300 could go into my guitar with P90 fund though. I don't have too much experience with either amp, and I never played through a modded Valve Jr, just heard clips. And I am really torn. Was hoping people on here would have experiences that would sway me one way or another.
i would get the orange bc of the tone and switchable wattage.

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

if you want to gig, i would get the tiny terror. i would thing 5 watts would be a but to small for gigs, unless you want to run it wide open all the time.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Tiny Terror blows the VJ out of the water. it straight up sounds better in every way, and is immensely more flexible. volume wise it's quite tricky- the VJ wont be loud enough to have any clean tone at high volume, but is too loud to have dirty tones at a low volume, without effects or mods.

a 300 dollar difference to go from a VJ to a TT is awesome. hop on that so you dont have to save up the 550 dollars again to get the orange, like i did :P
Ok, those are some good arguements. Tiny Terror it is, when someone buys my amp or trades a cab for it.
Quote by timzee117
i would get the orange bc of the tone and switchable wattage.

+1
Just get the Orange. Great amp it is.
I think everyone knows it is superior. But is it $300 superior to a modded valve jr?
Here's my opinion. I think that if you're game for the tiny terror, then you should definitely get an orange ppc cab as well, unless you already have a kickin' cab. That will put you up to about a grand if you get the 1x12. I've played the tiny terror through a non-orange cab and there is a load of difference in tone. I really don't know what to tell ya about a modded VJ... never played one.
Carvin X60B head. Its higher wattage, but also has a switch to change it, has active EQ and is two channel, in the US you can pick one up for less than $400. You wont be able to crank it as much for tube breakup but with the features and for the genres I play, it is a better deal than the TT imo. I own a TT head and would gladly trade it for X60B (blasphemy I know).
Just putting it out there, its harder to judge when I don't know what music you play.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
So I don't really like the Valve jr. To my ears, it still sounds like a $200 amp, even if it's a tube amp, it sounds like a $200 tube amp.

That being said, I think the Tiny Terror might be the most overpriced amp available right now. Seriously $600 for that head? Is it better than a Valve jr.? Sure, but does that mean it's worth that kind of money? Hell no, you could buy a freaking Ceriatone 18 watter with $600 (then I guess +$100 or so for the shipping)
Last edited by al112987 at Oct 19, 2008,
i think down the line the tiny terror will hold its value better than the valve JR will.. should you decide to sell down the road for a bigger amp.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I have always liked the Tiny Terror when I have tried. If I could afford one I probably would get one. Maybe it is a bit overpriced. The black heart handsome devil is another parellel el84 amp worth looking at.
The Carvin doesn't interest me, crankability is key in my next amp purchase.

I found Tiny Terror heads for around $400ish

I would not get the orange cab. I would probably just get a Valve Jr or blackheart cab and then drop a classic 30 in it.
Quote by eurotrashed
The Carvin doesn't interest me, crankability is key in my next amp purchase.

I'm just gonna go ahead an warn you. The tiny terror is hella loud, even on the half power setting. So you still might have a hard time crankin' it if you have neighbors or somethin. I believe this is because orange rates thier amps RMS clean, but thats a different story.
I'm sure I can get around half volume on the 7 watt setting of the Tiny Terror, and the gain and volume are independent so I should be able to get a decent tube tone at a reasonable volume. Seems like 5 on the volume is where tube amps start opening up.
Quote by eurotrashed
I'm sure I can get around half volume on the 7 watt setting of the Tiny Terror, and the gain and volume are independent so I should be able to get a decent tube tone at a reasonable volume. Seems like 5 on the volume is where tube amps start opening up.

... if you say so.

Either way, just get one. They are such great little amps.
Now all I got to do is find a buyer for my current amp. Someone has to need a decent $200 amp
Quote by eurotrashed

Gain is not independent on mine. I can only crank it on clean volumes.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I played a Tiny Terror today. MMMmmmmm. I'm sold. Very versatile despite three knobs and distortion to die for