Hello there. I currently have a Peavey Classic 50 and there is a Carvin Legacy 2x12 for $500 near me. I play most blues and rock, with a dab of metal every now and then. Good deal? Go for it?
Yep, should be great, great deal too. As long as the dab of metal you're talking about isn't super heavy metal. Even if you don't like it, you could probably sell it for a profit. I assume you're talking about a 2x12 combo and not just a cab.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Yep, should be great, great deal too. As long as the dab of metal you're talking about isn't super heavy metal. Even if you don't like it, you could probably sell it for a profit. I assume you're talking about a 2x12 combo and not just a cab.

Yeah, the combo. And for metal, some early thrash, but that really isn't important. More worried about how it handles blues really. And good point, chances are, I could probably sell it for a profit if I need to.
Quote by Iceman 420
Yeah, the combo. And for metal, some early thrash, but that really isn't important. More worried about how it handles blues really. And good point, chances are, I could probably sell it for a profit if I need to.

Yeah, it's gonna do thrash. And I'm not an expert on blues tones but it gets the kind of blues tone that I like. Like a nice crunchy sound with some british flavor that you can get some good sustain out of.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by Sonicxlover
Yeah, it's gonna do thrash. And I'm not an expert on blues tones but it gets the kind of blues tone that I like. Like a nice crunchy sound with some british flavor that you can get some good sustain out of.

Sounds good. Hopefully I'll be able to try it this weekend.
If you like your Classic 50 then it should be good. It's a lot like that, just... higher quality sound, I guess.
Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X