Im 14 years old and I started playing guitar about 3 months ago. Im going to start playing with some other guitar players in my school who are a few years older than me and are a little more skilled. I want to learn some songs that will be able to impress them a little bit, but I want some songs that not a lot of people know how to play (so nothing like stairway to heaven, sweet child of mine, etc). I dont care if it takes a while to learn, just something thats really cool.

Any ideas??

PS: Dont leave any comments like "you should just play to have fun, not to impress people"
I just want to know something that will show someone up and no one will be able to copy it.

thanks in advance
lol i dont know about you guys, but when i only played for 3 months i couldnt make shit up. hes trying to impress his friends not play d cord and smoke on the water hah
I think you should be looking for songs to impress chics instead of other guitarists...it is definately going to work out better for you....
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
hrm

something obscure?

Like, learn some Bring me the horizon

really flashy, really fast, and not a ton of people know abotu them unless they are into hardcore and death-core
ok. No seriously after 3 months no matter at what rate you have been practicing its hard to put together a song that will impress experienced guitar players. I really doubt it.

You should focus on easier songs, and if you play them well keeping rhythm and all you will impress people, especially if you have only been playing for 3 months or so. I would recommend offend in every way by the white stripes, maybe some red hot chilli peppers, and maybe kickapoo by tenacious D. arctic monkeys have a few good songs that you may be able to nail down, like try mardy bum.

but if you insist, i will certainly be impressed (and rather everyone really) if you could play like little wing or voodo child or any hendrix really.
You cannot impress when you play since 3 months.

Learn The Final Countdown's solo.
ಠ_ಠ
Like the Angel by Rise Against its really easy and has a pretty easy solo but sounds impressive
girls>other guitar players IMO.

impress chicks FTW
Gear:
ESP Eclipse 300
Jackson RR3
Bugera 6262 head
Trace Elliot straight cab
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
1st solo in Welcome Home (Sanitarium) by Metallica

for just playing for 3 months that should be kinda tough, but it will probably make them think you are better than you really are , which seems like what your going for.

if thats to hard just take the pussy way out....

drop your guitar to Drop A, and act like your hardcore. seems that's what everyone else is doing......
Quote by EbEar
oh and yao151 i love the fact that you as a fan of metallica and slayer likes John Frusciante, i wish more people around here had an open mind like that

see...
I'm not narrow minded

just narrow dicked
Quote by Masry
ok. No seriously after 3 months no matter at what rate you have been practicing its hard to put together a song that will impress experienced guitar players. I really doubt it.

You should focus on easier songs, and if you play them well keeping rhythm and all you will impress people, especially if you have only been playing for 3 months or so. I would recommend offend in every way by the white stripes, maybe some red hot chilli peppers, and maybe kickapoo by tenacious D. arctic monkeys have a few good songs that you may be able to nail down, like try mardy bum.

but if you insist, i will certainly be impressed (and rather everyone really) if you could play like little wing or voodo child or any hendrix really.

this. If you can play something well I'll be impressed not some half assed "I learnt it in 30" sloppy sh*t. Chances are you just won't have the co-ordination to play something that would impress experienced guitar players. Try playing the 3rd solo in Shine on you Crazy Diamond, it's no particularly fast, but it's extremely hard to play WELL, you have to get all the bends and the timing and feel of each lick JUST RIGHT or it sounds amateurish at best
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
You should learn the intro of Megadeth's Train of Consequences(it requires a firm grip on your speed and palm muting skills) and the intro of Bedroom eyes by Yngwie Malmsteen, just the intro cuz its pretty obvious that a guitar player who's been playin for only 3 months would be able to cover something like Yngwie.

It's been 4 years since I've been playing guitar but still whenever i meet new guitar players(whether they're experience or not) they get amazed when i start to play stuff like these songs. They're good exercise for warm up aswell, esp Bedroom eyes by Yngwie.
The intro to Under the Bridge is pretty easy and nice, good finger picking warm up to. if you can get it to a tempo of 180, then youre good.

Purple haze by hendrix ins that hard either, and its impressive just cos its by him.

other easy songs.
Mardy Bum- Arctic Monkey's (tab from www.ortopilot.com is easy)
Glycerine- Bush
Roses From my Friends - Ben Harper
and too tired to think of others
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
Last edited by Mr.Pink101 at Oct 17, 2008,