So, I just got a 5pc kit.

Heres the deal:

I am left handed, but right leg dominant....

Which way will I setup my drums, normal? or reverse for left handed peoples.
i am left-handed AND left-footed. I have my drums set up right-handed. Honestly it's not any more difficult than it would be if you had it set up lefty. I've had absolutely no problems so far playing lefty on a right-handed kit. You'll just need to arrange your cymbals according to where YOU need them, not the "standard" way of setting them up. Also, I recommend playing open-handed rather (left hand for hi-hat, right hand for snare) it'll make things easier than playing the "regular way." Ringo Starr also is left-handed and plays on a righty kit, so if you're having trouble understanding any of this just watch some of his vids. It also pays off to know how to play on a right-handed kit so that when you go over to a friends house you can play on his kit and show off your pro skills

But yeah dude, coming from a fellow lefty, I can tell you it's no big deal playing on a right-handed kit.
Whatever's most comfortable for you...if you feel better with a kit set up in the right-handed way, then do it. It sounds like you may need to experiment. It may be good for you to set it up as a righty, because as a left-handed person you probably have a stronger left arm as it is, and so you might want to work your right arm strength.

But again, whatever works best for you.

Hmm...maybe I should get a kit. I've been thinking about it for a while...
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
well you would switch your snare with the floor tom, the hi hat next to your snare, the two toms, and your cymbals
WHO'S GONNA BUY ME A VALVEKING?!?!?!