ok, for auite some time i've been "studying" (or rather skimming) theory and for the most part, alot of it temds to "click' after pondering it for a while...which leads me to me question...

say for example i learn the formulas for modes in say...F# major , if i wanted to change key into G#, would i be correct in saying that all i would have to do to stay in the mode is simply move the notes to match the key and apply the same formula ?

and i apologize of that explanation confuses anybody, but im having a hard time tryna make this cohesive...
If what you're saying is, memorizing the patterns and moving them, then yes you can do that.
Modes have the same scale patterns up and down the fretboard, just depending on the root note. Similarly, each mode starts on the same note of a given scale (I.E., Ionian is always the first note, Dorian is always the second note, etc.), if that makes sense. I'm not too sure what you're asking, though.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
so what you're saying is

for example take C as the root note for the Ionian scale and move up to the next note D.... and the end result would be the Dorian mode....if i were to take it one step further to E it'd be .....im guessing phrygian ? and etc
Quote by fenderstrat730
say for example i learn the formulas for modes in say...F# major , if i wanted to change key into G#, would i be correct in saying that all i would have to do to stay in the mode is simply move the notes to match the key and apply the same formula ?

Yes.