What are the songs that will give your fingers a good stretch for warm ups?
::type
IMO, Sweet Child o Mine is what I use to warm up. First half of the song has some cool lead parts that (since its 6 minutes) will get your fingers warmed up and ready for the last part which is the solo which builds up as it goes on.

Get what I mean? It starts out and gets more and more fast/difficult as the song goes on, some what warming you up.. *sigh* nevermind.
I tend to do specific warm-up exercises.

For example:

|------------------------------------------1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2--------------------------|
|----------------------------------1-2-3-4-----------------5-4-3-2------------------|
|--------------------------1-2-3-4---------------------------------5-4-3-2----------|
|------------------1-2-3-4-------------------------------------------------5-4-3-2--|
|----------1-2-3-4------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--1-2-3-4--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
you could always do the dimebag stretch, 19-15-12 pull-offs/hammer-ons up and down the strings.
I play stairway to heaven solo (getting your hand moving and bending)
master of puppets intro+riff (Palm mute + getting your hand moving faster
Sweet Child O Mine intro (string skipping)

and thats it for me really...occasionally i do fade to black first solo to get my hand moving a bit
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Depends on what I"m about to do.

If I'm acoustic-ing it I go for behind blue eyes by limp bizkit and away from the sun from three doors down.

If I'm going into metal town I just usually play redneck by lamb of god to get my speed up.

For classic rock I do iron man + the solo.

And as a general rule of thumb I play this game where i just smack the fretboard and name the string.
Quote by blue_strat

For example:

|------------------------------------------1-2-3-4-5-4-3-2--------------------------|
|----------------------------------1-2-3-4-----------------5-4-3-2------------------|
|--------------------------1-2-3-4---------------------------------5-4-3-2----------|
|------------------1-2-3-4-------------------------------------------------5-4-3-2--|
|----------1-2-3-4------------------------------------------------------------------|
|--1-2-3-4--------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I also do that one.

But song-wise, I play Crystal Mountain by Death (not the solo, that's insane). Those alternate picking riffs are great for warming up both hands.
There is no better warm up than a finger excercise. If you can play a song without doing any you probably wont need to warm up. But something like blue strat typed up is what you wanna warm up with. You could even do the same but leave a fret inbetween so you get a good stretch
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
Quote by blue_strat

For example:

I like that one too,

for me if im going acoustic i start with emily by From first to last, then go to One by Metcallica, then In Silent Earth, by Coheed and Cambria

for electric, i just f*** around imporvising XP
Scales? I usualy use the major scale and the minor pentantonic(all 5 positions) mixing it with slides,hammer ons,pull offs,and vibrato.Its a pretty good warm up try that.
~Vince~
Fender MIM Telecaster ('06) [Modded]
PRS S2 Custom 24 ('13) [Modded]
Squier Affinity Fat Strat [Modded]
Yamaha F310

Mesa/Boogie Lonestar 1x12 Combo
Mesa/Boogie Mark V:25

SD Vapor Trail
Xotic SL Drive
Xotic BB Preamp
Boss BD-2
Boss DS-1 [MonteAllums]
MXR 10-Band EQ
I'm probably going to get banned or flamed or hung for this, but, i always used some expert guitar hero song >_<
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal