Page 1 of 2
Well, I dread high school ending. It seems everyone else excited about it. I'm a junior and I just dread not succeeding, finding out I'm not as great as I think I am. Living on my own. Losing my blanket of security. Just wondering if others feel this way?
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
nuuuuup
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Agreed. I finish school next year and I'm very, very scared.
Quote by Telestar
Trust me man, it's Smoke on the Water. Deep Purple only wrote one song.
It is just made up to be sooo terrible. I fear I will fail. I couldn't handle that.
real world is a lot more better than you think, depending. make the most of it, you are only strong enough for the real world in your 20's. after that you are going to be worn down until you're a practical slave.
Gaijin that scares me the most. Becoming the slave to corporate America.
Quote by tayroar
Gaijin that scares me the most. Becoming the slave to corporate America.

oh....in that case your ****ed
I can't wait, I just want to start workin' full-time so I can buy some new gear
HI
No, I hate that show.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Dude, the real world is really not that exciting...nor is it worth the worry

The only reason anyone would be afraid is if they managed somehow not to graduate high school and are currently working as a laborer, only to think 50 years into the future to where they are still laboring and earning the same as what they did when they we're 15, with no children and no successes to show for the 50 years they've been alive...

but that's not you TS is it?

To be perfectly honest, the real world is what you make it. I turn 20 next year, when I was 15, 20 seemed way old... now that I'm here i realize just how much time we actually have. In the 2 years since I left high school I've toured the country twice, lived below the poverty line, eaten my weight in cheese and graduated the first of 3 university degrees. The only reason this happened is because I had the balls to kick life's ass, I suggest you do the same.
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
leaving school sucks dude. I left 6years ago and still have no idea what i want to do with my life and my career. Working is so boring and companies will rip you off so bad and there is nothing you can do about it.
School is just alot more fun, you are more care free and there are no where near as many worries as when you get older.
I wouldnt worry about living on your own though. thats probably the best thing. I bought a house with my mate when i was 21 and i love it. its great. However i decided to be a mortgage adviser as a career and that sucks. The best advice you will ever get is NEVER work for a bank!
Quote by Shredder XXX

The only reason anyone would be afraid is if they managed somehow not to graduate high school and are currently working as a laborer, only to think 50 years into the future to where they are still laboring and earning the same as what they did when they we're 15, with no children and no successes to show for the 50 years they've been alive...

To be perfectly honest, the real world is what you make it. I turn 20 next year, when I was 15, 20 seemed way old... now that I'm here i realize just how much time we actually have. In the 2 years since I left high school I've toured the country twice, lived below the poverty line, eaten my weight in cheese and graduated the first of 3 university degrees. The only reason this happened is because I had the balls to kick life's ass, I suggest you do the same.

Thats pretty fuckin' motivational
Eh sort of, I'm not really expecting a 'good' (what the average-joe would consider good) life. I'll mainly be gigging locally, doing a few tours hopefully, spending sometime in the studio, etc. Basically living off of my music.

Story:
I've left high school with moderately good GCSEs, and now I'm in college doing a 3 year diploma in Music Performance, full-time. So I'll be leaving college with just a music degree (which to be honest, doesn't really make you seem that attractive in the career-world). Hopefully I'll be good enough to get into Cardiff Atrium or London Music School when I leave college.

But, I don't really care, like I've said before, if I was just concerned about making money for the rest of my life, I would've taken maths and accounting. But, it's the "thrill of the ride" I'm looking for
Quote by Kyle.E
Eh sort of, I'm not really expecting a 'good' (what the average-joe would consider good) life. I'll mainly be gigging locally, doing a few tours hopefully, spending sometime in the studio, etc. Basically living off of my music.

Story:
I've left high school with moderately good GCSEs, and now I'm in college doing a 3 year diploma in Music Performance, full-time. So I'll be leaving college with just a music degree (which to be honest, doesn't really make you seem that attractive in the career-world). Hopefully I'll be good enough to get into Cardiff Atrium or London Music School when I leave college.

But, I don't really care, like I've said before, if I was just concerned about making money for the rest of my life, I would've taken maths and accounting. But, it's the "thrill of the ride" I'm looking for

man iam so jealous of you. i wish i had gone to university and done a music performance degree or something similar. when i left school we got the worst careers advice ever. the options we were given were pretty much just: go on the dole, go to uniand study english or bussiness studies, join the army or be a laborer.
I'm kinda feeling the same way at the moment. I left school and started homeshooling in 9th grade, did absolutely nothing for like 3 years, other than play guitar and get my sleeping extremely ****ed up. The I got a job at a grocery store to have money for my music, and then about 7 months after that I got extremely pissed at the manager and left for lunch and didn't come back. That was back in like May.

A couple of months ago it really hit me... "Fuck.... I'm grown up" I turned 18 back in April, but it didn't really hit me til a couple of months ago. I don't know what I want to do with my life. I would love to make money off of music but I know that's very unlikely and would be something to do on the side. I'm thinking I might want to go to college to do something with computers, but I don't know.

If you figure it out let me know.
I'm pretty scared of paying bills, especially for my house. I've noticed that people who've been in the "real world" for a really long time are usually really unhappy, and it saddens me that I will be like that one day.
XIAOXI
Well the future's got me worried such awful thoughts
My head's a carousel of pictures, the spinning never stops
I just want someone to walk in front
And I'll follow the leader
Like when I fell under the weight of a schoolboy crush
Started carrying her books and doing lots of drugs
I almost forgot who I was
But came to my senses

Now I'm trying to be assertive, I'm making plans
Want to rise to the occasion, yeah meet all their demands
But all I do is just lay in bed
And hide under the covers

Yeah I know I should be brave
But I'm just too afraid of all this change

And it's too hard to focus through all this doubt
I keep making this to-do list but nothing gets crossed out
Working on the record seems pointless now
When the world ends who's gonna hear it?

But I'm trying to take some comfort in written words
Yeah Tim, I heard your album and it's better than good
When you get off tour I think we should
Hang and black out together

Cause I've been feeling sentimental for days gone by
All those summers singing, drinking, laughin', wasting our time
Remember all those songs and the way we smiled
In those basements made of music?

But now I've got to crawl to get anywhere at all
I'm not as strong as I thought

So when I'm lost in a crowd, I hope that you'll pick me out
I long to be found, the grass grew high, I laid down
Now I'll wait for a hand to lift me up, help me stand
I've been laying so long, don't wanna lay here no more
Don't wanna lay here no more, don't wanna lay here no more

Everything that happens is supposed to be
And it's all pre-determined, can't change your destiny
Guess I'll just keep moving, someday maybe
I'll get to where I'm going
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by Shredder XXX

Winner !!
Listen to him.
Gear:
1991 Gibson Flying V
Roland Cube 20X
my last day of high school finished today. of course ive got exams...
i guess im just looking forward to it... im confident ill get the results i need to get into uni, and im confident i can handle uni well. i'll think about life after uni when i come to it
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Life is what you make it. There are no set tracks. What you want it to be depends on what you're willing to give.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Shredder speaks the truth. I'm 22, graduated from university and have been in this 'real world' place for a few months now. Ok, I'm jealous of my friends who are still students but it's not so bad. Ok, having to pay bills and stuff is a bit of a shock, but the real world is only as scary as you let it become. Grab it by the testicles and you can beat the sucker no problem.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
When i came into this thread i thought it was something about Matrix >_> I'm still in high school so i dont have to worry THAT much but i'm confident ill have a good life.
I just graduated and only have exams left, but I'm packing brownies that I have to do something with my life. School, the only continuous thing I've known for the last 13 years is finishing and I know no different.
Depends on what you want to do.

If you're bright and driven you will do fine. Go to college for four years and work hard. Your 4 years of hard work will be rewarded.

If you're the type of loser that is always getting in trouble at school, blaming everyone else for your problems (like your single mother on welfare goes to school and blames the teachers) and you drink and/or do drugs chances are your life is going to be funny (to SenorSmiley).

The real world is the best. I liked high school and when I think back on it I remember playing in a rock band, playing sports and having fun. In reality I think we tend to forget that you used to have to sit in classes that were boring, deal with certain teachers that were not as good as they should have been (some were great), and just deal with a bunch of crap.

I would take adult life over kid life any day.
The main thing about the "real world" I'm scared of is that since I won't really be forced to spend time with people like you are at school I probably won't have any friends. I really wouldn't mind being a loser if I had some good friends to spend time with, but eh.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Being an adult=being able to earn money to buy nice things.

It's payday today, woot!
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
the real world sucks ass.

im in law school right now, and so scared of whats going to happen when i graduate with bad grades.

i like that stuff about having the balls to kick the real world's balls though.

maybe that'll help me out, god i hope so
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
"My shadow's

Shedding skin and
I've been picking
Scabs again.
I'm down
Digging through
My old muscles
Looking for a clue.

I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own confused
And insecure delusions
For a piece to cross me over
Or a word to guide me in.
I wanna feel the changes coming down.
I wanna know what I've been hiding in

My shadow.
Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.

I've been crawling on my belly
Clearing out what could've been.
I've been wallowing in my own chaotic
And insecure delusions.

I wanna feel the change consume me,
Feel the outside turning in.
I wanna feel the metamorphosis and
Cleansing I've endured within

My shadow
Change is coming.
Now is my time.
Listen to my muscle memory.
Contemplate what I've been clinging to.
Forty-six and two ahead of me.

I choose to live and to
Grow, take and give and to
Move, learn and love and to
Cry, kill and die and to
Be paranoid and to
Lie, hate and fear and to
Do what it takes to move through.

I choose to live and to
Lie, kill and give and to
Die, learn and love and to
Do what it takes to step through.

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.
Step into the shadow.
Forty six and two are just ahead of me."
I've already joined "the real world" and I'd rather be back in school I've lost most of my friends and nobody will give me a job because they're afraid of my crotch
I fear watching the real world, it's crude sense of 'reality' makes me want to punt a midget.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
Quote by imdeth
I've already joined "the real world" and I'd rather be back in school I've lost most of my friends and nobody will give me a job because they're afraid of my crotch

Doesn't it destroy suns? Why not just be like "hey bitch pay me not to destroy your sun."
Quote by Laces Out Danny
poem

Pretty cool poem
Quote by af_the_fragile
poem

I like this one as well. Both pretty much explain how I feel.
Once I'm out of here I'm getting a van with a mate and buggering off. It's got to work.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by tayroar
Well, I dread high school ending. It seems everyone else excited about it. I'm a junior and I just dread not succeeding, finding out I'm not as great as I think I am. Living on my own. Losing my blanket of security. Just wondering if others feel this way?

Just don't let money be your motivator for succeeding. Most people subconsciously wish to acquire wealth, health, and power for the sole reasons that it'll help them get laid.

Personally, I'm fine with making 30k a year after (college) graduation (I could study further a couple years and end up making around 80+ but I really don't care to). I know enough about investments and how to finance my money to make a lot more anyway.
Page 1 of 2