I've had this Washburn KC20V that came with a Floyd Rose Original Bridge/Tremolo installed for about 2 years. All the sudden, I installed new strings and the Tremolo bends and it does not stay in tune. It has worked perfectly fine, any off tune strings would be easily remedied by a turn of the tuning screws. It's been this way for a couple of months, and other than the local guitar shop guru trying to rip me off ($80 for a fix...I could buy a newer better one off ebayer for that!)

Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone knows the Washburn KC series of guitars, and/or more importantly about possible problems with Floyd Rose Original Bridges and their solutions.

My guess is it needs to be reinstalled, I went to the Floyd Rose website, which has good, clear instructions, but it didn't help. But I don't want to take it out knowing it will be a pain in the ass to put back in properly. But any help is appreciated.
Last edited by tftmc at Oct 17, 2008,
Quote by tftmc
I've had this Washburn KC20V that came with a Floyd Rose Original Bridge/Tremolo installed for about 2 years. All the sudden, I installed new strings and the Tremolo bends and it does not stay in tune. It worked perfectly fine, any off tune strings would be easily remedied by a turn of the tuning screws.

Anyways, I wanted to know if anyone knows the Washburn KC series of guitars, and/or more importantly about Floyd Rose bridges, and possible problems, and their solution.

My guess is it needs to be reinstalled, I went to the Floyd Rose website, which has good, clear instructions, but it didn't help. Any help would be appreciated.

"Washburn KC20V - Floyd Rose Bride Problems"
Refusing to do the washing up eh?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your bridge, you just need to stretch your strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
"Washburn KC20V - Floyd Rose Bride Problems"
Refusing to do the washing up eh?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with your bridge, you just need to stretch your strings.

I wish that was the case, but I've tried it with 2 sets of strings over the last few months.

The first 3 sets of strings lasted, and worked and sounded GREAT, I wish it just needed some playing and time.

I should mention, it bends up when there is too much tension, something it didn't do before, with the same strings, same gauge.
Last edited by tftmc at Oct 17, 2008,
Did you stretch the strings properly? A floyd will always pull up when there's too much tension - you must have simply not noticed before. Just check that one of the springs hasn't popped, that could happen if you took all the strings off rather than replacing them one by one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Hey I have a terrible Indonesian guitar called Kapok and it has an original Floyd Rose bridge and I have the same problem. But it stays in tune after a couple of months playing. But the problem comes when replacing all the strings... When I tune the upper strings the lower ones lose and vise versa... so annoying. And looses its tuning after a full bend/tremolo.

Make sure the bridge is parallel to the body. If you use some lighter strings then you may wanna loose the springs in the back and make the bridge parallel. This helps a lot in this matter.