I'm in a band and we just finished up recording our cd. We want to self-release it and make it available to download for free. We don't want to use myspace for multiple reasons (low quality, we have more than six songs, etc. etc.).

So the moral of the story is: Does anyone know of a good and reliable website we can use to host our mp3s so people can download our cd in its entirety?? The fewer adds and spam the better.

Thanks guys!!!
myspace is low quality?...............you are a douche..............myspace just has every major band out there...........mainstream or underground...........YOU ARE A DOUCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........bet you didn't pay for that recording (spoiled)............save those comments for the ignorant rich cocks that realized they couldn't make it as an athlete no matter how much their daddy and mommy paid for your fame; go back to guitar hero..............the only way you'll get that thing touched by someone other than yourself
Don't disregard myspaz, it's an incredibly useful tool for bands who want to make a name for themselves. Yes, it is low quality, but it's what people expect. There's no reason why you can't use both myspace and dmusic. Myspace is great for finding new fans and getting in touch with promoters/venues and stuff. Dmusic is good for making your music available for people to download.
Dude... what the hell?!? Congrats TS on making an album dmusic should do the job for ya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihavnofingrprnt
well there are only three true people alive today who are actually possesed by satan

Dakota Fanning, the kfc general dude, and my neighbor and all of them dont have much musical ability
ahahahah yes i am douche i hate myspace almost as much as i hate music.

ok. i'll be serious now.

my response is: it really upsets me how the majority of the people on the internet (or at least it seems like the majority) are here to be complete assholes. Someone asks a simple question and states a few opinions and what do they get? a response similar to that of jd's.

And i'm not disregarding myspace. My band has a myspace and we use it to get our music out. All i was saying is that myspace does not suit us in the context of our situation. Our album has 25 songs (we spent months on it). Myspace lets you have 6 songs. See where i'm coming from??

PS - I'm not too sure what a titcase is, but it sounds amazing. It makes me wonder if it's related to the Shitcase.
Quote by jdF250
myspace is low quality?...............you are a douche..............myspace just has every major band out there...........mainstream or underground...........YOU ARE A DOUCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........bet you didn't pay for that recording (spoiled)............save those comments for the ignorant rich cocks that realized they couldn't make it as an athlete no matter how much their daddy and mommy paid for your fame; go back to guitar hero..............the only way you'll get that thing touched by someone other than yourself

*Reported*, we don't tolerate crap like that round here.
Call me Batman.
Quote by J.A.M
*Reported*, we don't tolerate crap like that round here.

thank you sir. I'm new to these forums and i'd hate for this place to be as bad as youtube comments.
just wanted to say jd get a life and no most people who dont use myspace actually like the music myspace is the reason the whole crappy emo phase took over(not trying to offend anyone) but brutal just wanted to say congratz i know its a pain to go into recording hope the cd is responded to greatly