I have a contracted phone with Orange, and the phone is in my dads name because he pays the physical bill on his credit card and I give him the money.

We were overcharged for the month and I called the customer services as myself, since I'm not the bill payer they said my dad had to call back and deal with it, so I rang back to get another phone rep and gave his name and DOB (I got it wrong though by 3 years and they just thought it was wrong on their system) and postcode (I still live at home).

Afterwards they just thought I was him and I got it sorted, obviously he knows that I did this - he told me to because he had to go out...can this bite me on the arse if he ever needs to call them? They have the wrong date of birth for him now...next time I call up should I just correct them or what?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

No seriousy, I didn't really understand the question.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by valdean

I pretended to be the bill payer and gave incorrect date of birth...fraud or no?
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by valdean

That shieeeet makes me laugh every time.
Uh you've just given them the wrong date of birth by 3 years... It's not as if you've murdered your father and stolen his identity.
Quote by TiMaRmStRoNg101
there was once this girl
in my school
and she was like
'greenday is so punk'

and i was all
omgelitist
'fawkofffffffffff'
and punched her in the face.
cause i can do that
cause I know more about punk rock and stuff
not a problem, well, actually you should have just told them that it wasn't him, but that he had given you a deed? (can't remember the word in english) which gives you the right to act on his behalf.

You should be fine though. Just let him fix the DOB next time he calls them
Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Quote by saphrax
You'll be fine. Only way it could go wrong is if you did it without your dad's consent.

He told me to do it

He didn't tell me his DOB and I got the wrong year...
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by mrjimborinsane
not a problem, well, actually you should have just told them that it wasn't him, but that he had given you a deed? (can't remember the word in english) which gives you the right to act on his behalf.

Nah a lot of places still won't let you do that. It's pretty pathetic really >__<
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
nah, i've done that before, should be fiHHHNNNNNNRRGGGGGGHHHHH
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
Nah a lot of places still won't let you do that. It's pretty pathetic really >__<

You have to call them and add third party rights to the account my friend said...well I could do it pretending to be him again...but I don't know if I 'have consent'

Oh well...at least I got my bill fixed
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Yeah, it's illegal. You will get caught, then sent to jail and come out with a gaping ass hole, a new tattoo and a lisp.
"Ignorance runs rampant through this virus we call life, dead one day, alive the next, never breaking a stride. As I take it all in and realize, nothing we do can stop it, I release the hatred from my eyes, only to feel it within."
just have him call back and correct it, also have him add you to the list of people who can alter the account.
Gear:
Ibanez PC5
Ibanez RG120
Peavey Vypry 15w
The only possible fraud from this would be the danger of defrauding your dad and like Tommy[fin] said, if you had your dad's permission, it's not fraud.
The phone company are recieving your payments, regardless of who you say you are or how old you say are, so they aren't being defrauded either.
its a misrepresentation of identity but because you got permission to do so by your dad it should be fine
NeoDom
Not unless Orange have a voice recognition scanner, and the next time your dad rings they say "this isn't the voice you used last time".
yeah, no jail time. I dont think it's exactly "legal." But, at least you had consent. Just ask your dad to call and add you as an account manager. That's what I did with my family plan. Even though I dont live with her my mom, my sister and girlfriend all share a plan. On just my moms account.........her credit everything. She just gave me the password and added me as one authorized to speak on the behalf of the group. Hope this helps
Quote by neodom
its a misrepresentation of identity

Is that actualy a law though? If so, how do people who have 'professional' names get around it?
Well, since it was him telling you to do it, surely it might as well have just been him doing it?

I think you can just correct them next time.
If your dad ever has to call he can be like "Wtf, you got my DOB wrong?"
and they will be "oops another computer mistake!"
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Deep SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIT you got yourself in. Are you gonna be the mutha****in scapegoat for the mutha****in machine when madness strikes?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.