Hi,

I have posted this on here before but each time I repost people who haven't seen it thank me for doing so.

www.freejamtracks.com

I have built a website for musicians to get FREE jam tracks from.

No gimmicks or money involved - just stuff I record for myself that I decided to share with everyone else.

Enjoy,
Nick.
I love you.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
haha - thanks for the kind words - it's all good.

rock n roll - I've started putting up zipped files - what I'm doing is once an 'album' is done (ie tracks 1-11 for any style) - I'm zipping all 11 tracks (for both mp3 & wma) into the one mega file - so people can download all the tracks for each 'album' in one hit.

http://www.freejamtracks.com/guitarlead/blues.html

might be more convenient for some people who want to download everything at once but it's also for people in offices etc whose internet firewalls won't let them download mp3/wma files.

jam on
Honestly it's way easier to just google a song and put the words "backing track" after it.
This is awesome.
This thread should be stickied. PM a mod.

I WON'T GET TO GET WHAT I'M AFTER, 'TIL THE DAY I DIE

Quote by ealtdharkon

If there's fluff of the muff,
She's old enough!

...gotta warn you though, witty rhymes do NOT hold up in court...

The reason this gets shut down each time is because you're obtaining free press by posting here instead of going through the proper channels and taking out an ad with UG. I won't report you, but please consider my words. You're basically stealing from UG by not taking out an ad like you're supposed to.
^free press?
It's just a musician sharing with other musicians. He doesn't have advertising on his site or as far as I can see receive or ask for any money. He does it for the love of music and to help others with their love for music.

Why would you pay to take out ad space for something you're not making money from and that isn't a business?

This is not advertising a moneymaking venture or even pushing his own band/music like that faggot punkboy that keeps popping up the last couple days. It's sharing backing tracks with other muso's to jam along with.

I understand your point Nightfyre but disagree. These things should be looked at on a case by case basis. If someone's making money or pushing something that is irrelevant or in the wrong thread they should **** off. But this is just a musician sharing with other musicians. Good on you Nickonbass.

EDIT: Also as far as I can tell none of the previous threads from TS regarding the link in question have been "shut down".
Si
Last edited by 20Tigers at Oct 20, 2008,
^In that case my apologies. I thought I remembered a mod saying that he needed to take out an ad instead last time, and was posting according to that memory. If that's incorrect, my sincere apologies. I love the idea and am glad to know about the website.
If we have backing tracks that we've produced ourselves could we add them to your site as well?

If it got big enough it could be a great repository for us to find tracks to play against.
That's cool Nightfyre - I was wondering if you were talking about another poster as I have never been 'shut down' or asked not to post here - if a mod said that I'd happily comply.

But 20Tigers is right there's not ads, I don't get money for it - I'm just a muso sharing with other musos. But it's all cool - and besides, anyone is allowed to voice their opinion.

Gizzmo0411 - that is a good idea. It'd be good fun to open a page up where other people could post jam tracks on their as well. I will have to think about that one and discuss it with my mate Dylan who helps me out with the site - we are trying to come up with ways where everyone can get involved - it's music for the people.

jam on - Nick.
Bookmarked!

Ps: I like the google coloring too
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
I know people download them and put them on their iPod - I don't see why they wouldn't work on itunes - but I don't have itunes.

Anyone, anyone, ....bueller.....anyone?
I have put up a new blues jam track today:

It's just a vamp in F#. It wasn't meant to be a jam track - I made up some hip hop/rap type of stuff because I keep getting asked if I could do something in those styles for people, so I threw together some beats with rap/hip hop type of sounds on the drums and made a hip hop type of free jam tracks site: http://www.freerapandhiphopbeats.com/

The blues vamp came from that (rap beat 02) - I liked what I put over the rap version so I figured I'd make it into a jam track.

I think the jam track is a lot better than the rap version!!

haha - it's funny how you start off with one thing and then you end up with something completely different/not what your original aim was.

On the rap site all the tracks I start with a drum beat, then add bass and then add guitar. The end result is always a surprise to me - that's why I like recording jam tracks and stuff - I usually don't really have any specific idea on and end result - just something to start off with - a bass lick or a drum beat or maybe just playing around with an effect or something.

anyway - blah blah blah -

I have been listening to a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughan this weekend, gotta love SRV - so I am going to record a stack more blues stuff in the next few days to put up.

Stay tuned.......literally!
Quote by nickonbass
I have put up a new blues jam track today:

It's just a vamp in F#. It wasn't meant to be a jam track - I made up some hip hop/rap type of stuff because I keep getting asked if I could do something in those styles for people, so I threw together some beats with rap/hip hop type of sounds on the drums and made a hip hop type of free jam tracks site: http://www.freerapandhiphopbeats.com/

The blues vamp came from that (rap beat 02) - I liked what I put over the rap version so I figured I'd make it into a jam track.

I think the jam track is a lot better than the rap version!!

haha - it's funny how you start off with one thing and then you end up with something completely different/not what your original aim was.

On the rap site all the tracks I start with a drum beat, then add bass and then add guitar. The end result is always a surprise to me - that's why I like recording jam tracks and stuff - I usually don't really have any specific idea on and end result - just something to start off with - a bass lick or a drum beat or maybe just playing around with an effect or something.

anyway - blah blah blah -

I have been listening to a lot of Stevie Ray Vaughan this weekend, gotta love SRV - so I am going to record a stack more blues stuff in the next few days to put up.

Stay tuned.......literally!

Yay F# = texas flood