*New here so... :\*

My kid wants a electric guitar,he has 3 years of classic/acoustic guitar. I i'm thinking about a squier but i don't know which one to chose.

Any ideas of which one has the better sound? (teles or strats)
if he's been playing guitar for three years dont get a squier

get a low end ibanez or esp

they are cheaply priced but have good long lasting tone

squiers will need to be upgraded within a year
It all depends what music he likes, as well.

I'd say an HSS Squier would be more versatile, but they'd both have fairly decent sound. The amp'll shape the sound most. Make sure you try and invest in a solid practice amp, like a Roland Cube or VOX Valvetronix. Heck, if he has 3 years of experience already, maybe you could even look into a small tube amp, like an Epiphone Valve Junior. That'd really make the guitar sound nice.

I own a Strat, and I love it, although it's an MIA Fender... I think your son would be better off with a Strat, just so he can experiment with single coil pickups and humbucking pickups.

EDIT: If he's hell-bent on getting a Strat, maybe even get him an MIM Strat, by Fender. As mentioned, a Squier will probably need to be upgraded within a year, I'd think. I've only been playing 3 years, and I have a Fender. I won't need another instrument ever (although it'll probably happen anyhow).
Personal opinion here, hes been playing for 3 years indicating he aint gonna just give up.. So depending on funds i'd personally buy a mid level guitar? mexican fender maybe, or a used american (ebay has tonnes). If my parents bought me a used Fender when I first got into guitars i'd of been so pleased .

Unfortunately they didnt and still dont agree with my enthusiasm for music. I have bought only 3 brand new guitars (my first 3 guitars) I have since learn't the lesson and realised used stuff is worn in and usually plays better, you can also get more bang for your pound :P

Good luck im sure he/she would be appreciative regardless
He plays blues/jazz and some classic rock so i think a squier is a good choice, he wants that HSS Stratocaster in black and chrome (kiiids...) so i'll take him to the shop and try it a bit. he already have an amp, a Epi Valve Junior (it was mine actually) and i think it will be a good match.

Any advices for other guitars? i'm a pianist, i don't really know too much about guitars and i'm afraid that he will chose it because its "sexy" and not because it sounds good
The black and chrome Squier is a standard series, so it won't be a bad guitar. To be honest, if you can stretch to a Mexican strat, you will have a guitar that needs less doing to it in the long run.
Quote by 1st_horseman
He plays blues/jazz and some classic rock so i think a squier is a good choice, he wants that HSS Stratocaster in black and chrome (kiiids...) so i'll take him to the shop and try it a bit. he already have an amp, a Epi Valve Junior (it was mine actually) and i think it will be a good match.

Any advices for other guitars? i'm a pianist, i don't really know too much about guitars and i'm afraid that he will chose it because its "sexy" and not because it sounds good

Blues, jazz and classic rock? definitely a fender or a epiphone, i would say fender.

have a feel for them in the shop, then maybe search for used, so he can get a really top end guitar.

Yeah... i would advise against ibanez and ESP and stuff, : /
"It sounded so good and when i put it on a Line 6 Spider with a Zoom guitar efect petal it sounded so good" - Dean SplitTail review on musicians friend
How about an Epiphone Les paul Std... much better than any squier i've tried... and it's real good for starting out, he could even play it for a few years with a pickup change.
For blues and jazz, a fender is a good choice, not nesseciarily a squier though

and ibanez makes some good semi-hollow bodies that sound GREAT for blues or jazz, they don't make just dinkys

and esp is good, just not for his style
The Classic Vibe series from Squier is actually pretty decent. I think the Duo Sonic and Strat from the line cost around 300 or so.

You could always take him to a guitar store and let him test drive a few and see what he prefers.
Yep, the fender forums are going crazy over the classic vibe telecasters. I have never tried one personally, but from what I hear, for 300 dollars, they are an amazing bargain.
fender classic 60's reissue telecaster
2008 MIJ paisley telecaster
fender superchamp xd
1978 fender super twin reverb
roland microcube
boss ce-2 chorus(MIJ)
I have the black and chrome squier standard. Mine is really nice to play, and it should sound good through that amp. Make sure he playes it and see if that's how he likes it to feel!
Quote by Mister.Y
Well, The Lion Sleeps Tonight is still a bit popular... I mean, cmon...

awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe awimbawe...

"I'll See You In The Next World, and Don't Be Late"