Hi there. Im in the middle of recording my acoustic set and Ive got an annoying click track which was picked up whilst i was recording. Its very quiet, Should i use a gate on it or a limiter or something?

EDIT: Sorted - Used a noise gate.
Nathy x
Last edited by AtticusNathy at Oct 17, 2008,
You can also use different headphones such as a closed deisng like the Senn HD280 Pros.
This is a good idea for any type of quiet location recording (acoustic guitar, vocals...).

Also try changing the sound of the click track or turn it down some, that will reduce spill into the mic in most cases.

If you are using speakers to hear that click track, get some headphones to track on. Studio monitors are for mixing and mastering after everything is recorded.

Quote by saphrax
Wow! 2 minutes between posting and sorting it!

HAHA! yea I can see it now.

[Goes to computer to listen to recorded track]
"Oh NO!!! theres something wrong!
[Runs to UG R&R board and posts]
[Goes back and thinks about how to fix it for a few seconds and then makes the changes after a few more seconds]
[Runs back to UG and edits post]

I'm Not bashing you AtticusNathy, just having a little fun
Sometimes taking a break and coming back later to look at a problem is the best fix.
Last edited by moody07747 at Oct 18, 2008,